Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holidays??

Guess the "holidays" are upon us. I have decorated what I could. In my moving insanity I sold a bunch of my Christmas decorations. Don't even ask...!! So I had little left to decorate with. We put up lights outside and last night in this horrendous rain and wind storm the lights shorted out and took all outside circuits with them, so we now have no outside lights until Rick gets home to figure out a solution. Speaking of Rick, he is at a job orientation for a "casual" driver--I know, I have no idea what that is either. I think it's like part time and they drive whenever they want. Well, I WANT him to do something full time, so who knows how that will work out. He has a couple of more job possibilities in a town about 25 miles away to work for the city, but we haven't heard back on those yet. Things are looking up in that category anyway.
We went to Twin Falls on a SHORT visit last weekend. We arrived there at 4:30 p.m. Sat., went to see my mom and left Sunday by 10 a.m. It was indeed short...We drove by your house Bethany, but you were gone and then we had no time later because of the snow, etc. Twin was snowy and cold, so we got our "fix" of snow for the year. Rick cried when we left. I don't know if we'll ever get over our "homesickness" for the place we left. My mom is doing great physically and just doesn't care much about what goes on around her. She does recognize us, though, so that's good.

We went to a concert that Rachel played in at her Stake Friday night. It's so nice to be able to go to things like that. It was a beautiful night of music and our baby did a marvelous job of playing. The boys slept through the whole thing so they were the best kids there. The picture here is of Rooster sleeping in the cart while his mom shops. Such a wonderful boy!

The other pictures are of us wending our way back over Hoover Dam and the desert outside of Wickeup (yes, that's a real place about 50 miles from Surprise.) It was raining so heavily but you can't really tell with my lovely photographic skills.


So here we are in the desert for the holidays. Rachel is coming down for Christmas, I think. I am trying to get the spirit. I really need to up my medication or something...! At least our holiday will be happier than Tiger Wood's ;o). A little joke...Ha! My sick humor rises again.








2 comments:

Heather said...

Well, now that you sold your Christmas decorations, you're going to have to go shopping for some more. :) I know the feeling of being oddly "homesick" for the place you couldn't wait to leave but at the same time, being content where you are. I have heard it takes at least a year before a place really feels like home. I am going for two years instead. :) I hope you enjoy your first Christmas in the desert and best of all, closer to Rach. It is freezing and snowy here and perfect for Christmas. :) Enjoy the Holidays!

P.S. Tell your daughter to quit shooting innocent animals. :)

The Cook Clan said...

Okay first of all that amazes me that those boys sleep through so much! Second, you sold all your Christmas stuff?????? Thats no fun! Third, wow, you didn't call and say hi???????? :( That was a very long trip for such a short time. We hope to see you next time! I like your tree!!!!