I relinquished my post as Den Mother of the Wolves. The powers that be are not happy with me. If I listen to them, God is not too thrilled with me either. Sorry, God and everyone else. I think you must have got the names wrong or something. I just couldn't do it. If it makes me a less worthy person, then so be it! I spent sleepless nights and restless days worrying about this. I'm done!
This is Gunnar and Bab, his Mamma's favorite doll. He likes her belly button.
I'm sure his father would be upset that I'm letting his son play with dolls. Yeah! My job here is complete.
Gun woke up at 3:30 this morning crying for his mommy. I gave him milk and he was awake for about an hour but he finally went back to sleep. He ate good this morning and cleaned everything with a wet wipe before his little eyes began to droop and he went down. He's in there talking but I'm hoping he naps. I need a rest.
Four more nights and five more days and we will be able to see Mommy. He's been a dream and just so much fun, but I know he misses his family. He goes in my bedroom and points to the picture of them and says "Mommy," "Daddy" over and over.
We went to McDonald's playland yesterday because his mother said he loved it there. Good heavens!
First of all, it was filthy. Kids' feet were black. There were no tables. A weird girl had her phone blaring loud music next to the one sticky table that opened up. Then my Diet Coke fell off the tray when I tried to put Gunnar in a high chair. Some nice lady helped me clean up the mess, but it wasn't my idea of a good time. I made an effort (though not whole hearted) to let him play on the yucky stuff, but he declined. Hurray! We left and we ain't never goin' back. His mom can socialize him there if she likes. In my house I think we'll just watch "Curious George" or "Arthur" for our socialization.


10 comments:
May I say how proud I am of you for exersizing your agency!
There is no guilt in doing that, it's better than keeping the calling and never showing up.
Gunnar is so stinkin dang cute, I can't wait until we get one from scratch, not half grown ;)
2 points for sticking to the SIL, what he doesn't know won't hurt him!
And those playlands give me the heebie jeebies, I would think hand,foot and mouth disease loves those places.
I can't even think about the germs and snot in the playhouse things.
...............'xcuse me I gotta go wash my hands just thinking about it.
Gunnar will be so happy to see his mommy but he's going to cry for you.
I am proud of you for resigning. God is not mad at you, believe me. I feel so sad for Gunnar missing his mommy and daddy. Little ones do not understand vacations and going away. But you are doing a GREAT job Grandma. I agree about the socializing at McDonalds. Ours is noisy. Dirty is a whole different thing. Take care. Enjoy what time you guys have. My grandson likes belly buttons too. Take care.
I have had a calling or two where I've only done it half heartedly and felt guilty the whole time. My sister used to say when you're old, you can say 'no' and not have to have an excuse. I kind of agree with that. When I got called to be den leader, there was certainly no thinking in that except that I helped my friend on occasion and seriously, I don't mind doing that. But to take on a bunch of boys that I know not what to do with, that was a different story. I do not have any remorse with that decision. I told the person who asked me that they needed to get the parents in these kind of things. I'm not only too dang old for that but I have no idea what to do with boys. I was never into that. And yes - I'm probably going to hell.
I was called into cub scouts when I had a 4 yr old, 2 yr. old, and was pregnant and had to drag my other 2 with me to every den meeting, etc. It was horrible! I ended up asking to be released. I do realize that with 3 boys I'll end up in there again eventually but hopefully it will be when they ARE actually of scout age. If I have to suffer through it it should be when they are scouts themselves you know?
Glad to see you made a decision based on what is good for you, not someone else. God knows what He is doing. If He really wanted you to stretch beyond your comfort zone and do the den mother thing, then He would have given you peace in your soul that you could accept the challenge and do it. Now you can just enjoy the next few days with Gunnar and look forward to resting up when he's back home.
I think the gold stars you've earned with Gunnar outweigh any negatives that might be associated with refusing a calling that you know you can't do. It makes me sad that you state that you didn't have fun when you were young and don't want to start now. It's fun to have fun, on your own terms of course.
I wish I had resigned from the one church calling I had. I was team teaching for a class of 12-14 year olds. I did a terrible job because my heart was not in it. The kids in the class were hard to handle and we frequently had to have a member of the bishopric or priesthood sit in. Throughout the calling I kept thinking, "This class needs oen teacher and it needs to be a man." When I was released that is exactly what they did.
Sounds like you and Gunnar are getting along fabulously. The McDonald's play area turns me into a germ-a-phobe. Ewe.
hahahahaha
That laugh was for McD's.
Good for you,you are a big girl now who knows what is working and what isn't. Dont let them guilt you.
RoeH, I will see you in hell along with other women who aren't well behaved ; ) Maybe you can work in the laundry room with Red Shoes and me.
Post a Comment