but, dang...How can I not? I was lying in bed this morning thinking about what I would post today. Oh, don't tell me you don't do that--prepare for the day by deciding what to blog about. What? You don't? Well, my life is so full and rich that I often do such things. (Personally, I think you're way over scheduled if you don't do this daily.)
Anyway--the topics I was NOT going to talk about in my blog today were the Casey Anthony verdict, the weather, and my hair. I knew you were sick of hearing those subjects. I was trying to put you people first and spare you the repetition.
But really? How can I not! (Well, except for the hair status. That isn't so critical.) But Casey Anthony's being found not guilty. (My mouth is still agape, and it's not just because I'm old and drooling.) I understand the beyond a shadow of a doubt thing, but, come on...not even negligent? I wouldn't wanna be her, however. I have a feeling the world isn't going to welcome her with open arms. And someday, Ms Anthony, you will be judged fairly by the Supreme Judge and I think there will be a different verdict then. Far different!
Some are calling the humongous dust storm we had last night a "haboob." I call it "scare the pee right out of me" storm. That was the weirdest weather occurrence I've ever seen. Rickster was down fishing at the Surprise Lake. (I told him to come home if it stormed.) The man never listens to me...We had one phase of storm that was just horrible winds, thunder, lightning, and torrential rains. Blew like a dirty mo-fo and sent Lola into a fetal position behind my artificial palm. Then within a half hour this news alert comes on about a dust storm. Not just any dust storm, mind you. It was over 2000 ft. high, 50 miles across, and the winds were over 50 mph. It was just crazy. (That's the best word I can come up with right now.) If you want to see a neat video of this phenomenon go over to rharper at All About Arizona...Or Not. She's my guru of all things historical, geographical, and meteorogical in and around Arizona. She's amazing and her shots of the storm say it all. You'll be mesmerized. I know I was.
Oh, and the hair...roots are dyed, ends are trimmed. It doesn't look too bad. I have to run Lola in for a hair cut in a few minutes so I'll leave you here. Remember to go over to Lucy's (rharper) and see the haboob.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
July
(18)
- Show Down at Culver's Corral
- I Need Filters--Or A Muzzle
- French Toast
- Serenading Lola in the Rain
- Don't Ask, Don't Tell...
- Aching!
- Let Me Be Brief
- Umbrella on Roof
- Dream Weaver
- New Day
- Close Call
- Short Note
- Titleless
- Friday Frippery
- I Don't Want to Talk About It...
- Imagine This...
- A Little Scorched and Deflated
- Pool Shots
-
▼
July
(18)
10 comments:
Your "scare the pee right out of me" storm made it on the New England news this morning. Pretty impressive... and completely frightening, I'm sure.
The Casey Anthony thing is still so strange to me... I can see why she was found not guilty. There really wasn't any hard evidence. Lots of speculation. But I think it sucks that two days (or two years, and beyond) from now, she could say "I DID IT!" it won't matter a bit. She was found not guilty, and that's all there is to it. Either way... someone please sterilize that woman. She shouldn't be allowed to have any more children... ever again. Period.
The "Haboob" (quite the strange name!) has been on a few blogs I visited this morning. That is the craziest thing I have never seen - HOly cow alot of dirt moving along.
Was is scary? Or loud? Or just dirty? Inquiring minds wanna know!
Casey Anthony - Another O.J. I think. We will never really know.
Scare the pee right out of me pretty much covers it as far as I'm concerned. The cloud of dust was like something out of the Dust Bowl. Hope your hubby got home from the lake ok.
The trial....nuts. Karma is gonna get her eventually. She need not feel cocky that she got away with murder.
Haboob? BOOB? WHAT? Perhaps it means 'the shit is gonna hit the fan' in another language we don't understand?????
Sending you a hug...cuz you need one and I have extras!
In the 40 years I have lived in Arizona I have never seen a haboob as big as this one....actually I didn't see this one...not even a grain of sand in Congress! Wish I had seen this person...weird, I know!
Seriously, everyone's been talking about the haboob. Even people back East! Weird.
I saw reports and video footage of it on TV news last night. Looked scary. Makes me wonder if our pool is sludge today.
When I said I went outside to take a picture during the duststorm and couldn't because the dust hurt??? I went back inside and went to sleep. I never even heard the rest of it. A bomb could fall on this house and I wouldn't care nor get up from my sleepiness to see what was happening.
I thought about writing my HATEFUL THOUGHTS about that stupid little brat Casey but decided she didn't deserve a place on my blog. What was wrong with that idiot jury?! Not even child neglect?? Give me a freakin break.
See why I didn't post it? I get started and then have to take meds.
I love your posts.
I can now add "haboob" to my vocabulary and when people ask what it is, I'll tell them it is a dirty mo-fo of a dust storm.
You left me hanging Jo! Did Rick make it out alive? And couldn't they come up with an American name, like Wicked Ass Dust Storm?
Just sayin' :)
Casey Anthony...she will never rest in peace while on this Earth.
The dust storm - awesome phenomenon since I wasn't near it.
And Casey Anthony is on my list of blog posts taht I am still getting around to
Post a Comment