Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fall Upon US

It has been so chilly the past two mornings. How can this be happening so early? I need to mow the lawn but I'm waiting until it warms up a bit.

Watched Hillary speak to the DNC last night. Must admit I was impressed...but not enough to vote for Obama! I'm looking forward to the RNC next week and hope the Republicans do us proud. They have a lot to overcome with our economy in the dumper right now.

Rick is hauling corn with diesel at over $4/gallon. That makes it hard to earn much profit. We really need the money too this year. Seneca started more than two weeks late but all the same bills are due the same time as last year. UGH!!

The fires in Boise foothills were devastating. I'm so thankful to live here where there is little chance of brush fires in our neighborhood. ;o) Guess anything is possible, but...I can't imagine losing every possession! I know they're only things, but some of those "things" are important and irreplaceable. How would you rebuild after such a loss? Hope I never have to find out.

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

I know, seriously that was so sad. Most important possessions like someones life. A lady died before she could get out. How horrible, I hope we never have to experience that.