Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Cherry Blossoms
I've never been to Washington, D. C. in the spring, but it does look delicious and ethereal. A perfect symbol of spring.
The first day of spring is upon us again. Each year we hope for a do-over, a restart, and an entry into warmer weather.
You know that Arizona doesn't have much deliniation between seasons. However, I'm an Idaho girl and I do appreciate the newness and optimism of the season--though spring was often colder than a witch's heart in the Gem State. Wind, rain, snow, and ice on top of the daffodils.
The cactus are budding here. I broke off fifteen or twenty big clumps from one of ours that was crowding Barley off the deck and "planted" them around the desolate yard. I'm hoping that some of them will take root. Now my hands and arms are stinging from the tiny barbs that drifted through the gloves and sweatshirt to torture me. Ugh!
Anyway, have a good March 20th! It's spring! It's spring! Tra-la-la-la (And some say I'm not positive and optimistic--Take that, doubters! ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love spring too, even if it does often come with snow, wind and rain. It's such a nice transition season up here where we have four very defined and separate seasons. I have yet to see the desert in full bloom. Maybe some year. What type of cactus did you break off and replant?
Did you get poked by the needles or do you have those little hair-like needles in your skin? If they are the hair-like ones, just put a film of white glue, like Elmers on your skin, let it dry, and then peel it off and those little pokey hairs come off with it. I learned this when I used to eat the prickly pears off the cactus.
Good tip, Holly. I've been 'stuck' a few times myself!
HAPPY SPRING JO. I've never been to DC either (pathetic, eh?) but hope to some day. I bet those trees smell good, too!
Yep that was our weather today Jo - snow, wind, sleet - Happy First Day of Spring - Ha!
I've been in DC when the cherry blossoms are all agog. So pretty.
I went to D.C. in the eighth grade and seriously, the smell is absolutely incredible. Heaven, heaven.
We are enjoying a beautiful sunny day today. I'm walking on eggshells though....I am sure it won't last.
Post a Comment