Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Happy Birthday, Albert!
Albert Einstein was born March 14, 1879. Today is this man's birthday. Happy Birthday, Albert!
For some reason, I'm fascinated with Mr. E -- a marvelously talented, quirky, and eccentric soul. I've read several books about him. He didn't have a conventional private life, but he was unique in his view of life, a bit rumpled and absent minded, and a genius. He never considered himself gifted, only imaginative and curious.
I am not a math or science student. I really don't understand E = mc squared. Theory of relativity? I don't even know what relativity is... It's not the point of my love for the man.
I just love his individuality, his verve, and his resilience. So he was partially responsible for developing the atomic bomb that threatened to destroy civilization and did destroy much of Hiroshima. He didn't design it for mass destruction. He was just showing that the atom could be split--or something innocuous like that.
Anyway, the man was quite the free spirit. I wish I could develop some that care free attitude. And it wouldn't hurt to be smart too. Though he never was rich. If I could be smart, I'd want to be rich too. But I do love you, Albert Einstein.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How perfect that Albert was orn on. Pi day!
I've always wanted to read his life but he's so smart and I'm so ..... well dumb. I'd never understand it.
Well, now you have me wondering about the brilliant man to learn more.
Mr. Einstein's individuality was all his own. Happy BELATED Birthday Albert.
Dang, I missed yet another birthday party. Happy birthday Al.
Post a Comment