My blog entries (or lack there of) are so pathetic now I'm starting to dream about them. Last night I woke up screaming and Rick had to save me. In all honesty, that dream was about wrecking a rental car and not the blog, but...it's all relative.
This post might be a bit random. MIGHT... hahaha! Squirrel!
To show you how feeble my efforts are: while I am trying to type this Rick called to tell me he had arrived at work. Rachel called to have Gunnar say his newest word--yucky. He is quite a talker now. I love hearing his sweet little voice. I defy anyone to not smile when babies start to talk. His voice is so happy and cheerful. Makes me feel warm all over. Life interrupts my entry about having no life.
I'm in dire need of a good read. I've tried several books lately that were most disappointing. I wish I could think of a good story and I'd write something myself. I've heard that you need some kind of fodder for a story, however, like a life or an imagination or a dream. You can see none of those things are providing much help for me.
It's "freezing" here. Well, it's 44 degrees. That's close enough for Arizona. There was several feet of snow in Flagstaff and some even closer. We had a bit of rain, which was lovely, but it can just warm up pronto as far as I'm concerned.
March Madness is, indeed, crazy. So many college basketball games in so short of a time. It staggers the mind. Let's get it down to the final four already. How do people keep up with the brackets and all those teams? There is nothing else on television, but sheesh!...
I'm going in to index before cleaning the messy house. My life is rich.

13 comments:
Read the Nancy Turner trio of books about life in Arizona. The first one is 'These Is My Words'. I couldn't put all three of them down. But then I'm an Arizona history freak. But as a story goes? They were really good. I still think about her.
I love indexing, we are indexing sisters. I just finished "The Orphan Master's Son" which is very intense (about North Korea) but beautifully written. I just started "The Snow Child" and it looks very promising.
Go to my blog....there are some reading possibilities for you.
Love baby talk....how fun that YUCKY was Gunner's pick. It relates to so much!
We had snow in the mtns yesterday (nothing here but A TON OF WIND). And now it's only 30 outside. I was kinda likin' the spring weather.
You may try SEANCE by John Harwood, too.
I have been having a difficult time finding inspiration too. It's tough. I feel like there's something blocking me from really being awesome (because I can't face the fact that I may not be).
No great ideas on good reads. I'm not sure what kind of stuff you like, but if you haven't read Hunger Games, do it!
What is indexing? Am I missing something?? I have been reading some Ann Patchett...so far so good on most of them. They are all so different..just Bel Canto. Isn't it the hardest thing to find a good book. My fav lately is Unbroken by Laura Hillabrand(sp?)..a hard story but I could put it down. She also wrote Seabiscuit which I thought was really good. Another good one is Half roke Horses y Jeannette Walls..she also wrote The Glass Castle which was good.
Good gosh,,I need to proof read! Just started Bel Canto and COULD not put it down on Unbroken...
Wow it IS cold there. It is cold here too but, that is to be expected right!
I think it is so sweet that your little grand guy calls and tell you his new word - and YUCKY - I mean what a great word!!
Love reading your blog Jo - You are so real and fun!
Can you tell us which books you've tried so we don't recommend them?
I'm not sure if I should suggest another book!
I have Half Broke Horses, want me to drop it by ;)
I WISH!
I saw on the news that Arizona was getting snowed on. I'm so glad there wasn't snow a month ao when I was there. I would have cried big tears.
Your blog is awesome.
Very normal.
The weather has been a bit wonky here. Wonderful spring weather and then snow.
I'm sorry but I don't have a book suggestion for you. I have been re-reading through my bookshelf.
I haven't been indexing but have discovered the world of Ancestry.com and spend way to much time there. I have found a knight, a tower of london guard, a duke, and the like in the 'ol family tree.
I had a dream last night that I called for a taxi and it turned out to be an RV with a photo booth inside. As I was careening down Grand Avenue, a man on a horse rode up beside me to give me my mail. That's all I have to say.
Monday Mornings by Gupta is suppose to be good. Stay warm. YUCKY is a GOOD word.
Post a Comment