Since I left Idaho, I'm a bit left out of local news. I check the Times News website every morning at magicvalley.com, but sometimes I miss an article. Evidently I miss quite a bit.
This morning I called a friend whose father passed away yesterday to offer my condolences. In the midst of our conversation Andy said, "Oh, and Linda is doing better..." Then he put me on hold while he answered another call.
"What??" I gasped when he returned after what seemed like hours. And he proceeded to tell me that they'd been in a massive car accident on February 29th. They were rear-ended by a semi truck on slick roads as they were driving into Twin Falls from Shoshone on 93.
Linda was air lifted to Boise and has been there ever since at St. Al's. I feel so bad that I didn't know a thing about this. My "good friend" was hurt and I didn't even know.
She's doing better, I guess, but will still be in the hospital another two months. She had brain injury and is just now starting to talk a little and can almost start eating solid food. She just barely can walk.
So while I've been here mulling through my own silly problems, a real friend has been having a life and death struggle. I didn't even know. Out of sight...
I thought they were in Ireland for 6 weeks visiting their daughter and that's why I hadn't heard from her. I'm headed to Idaho in May, but that seems like a long time from now. I feel like a not very good friend, but no one told me--honest.
Get better, "Leenda." I so sorry! I didn't know!
6 comments:
Just leaves a hollow space in your gut, huh? I'm sorry your friends are going through all that.
What sad news. Don't beat yourself up. If someone doesn't call and let you know... how do you know? Prayers for your friend and her recovery.
Yeah - that hurts when you don't have a clue with what is happening. Been there. Hope she's doing better and better.
Linda who? I'm definitely curious now. And I agree, definitely don't beat yourself up.
oh that's so scary! I hope she gets better!
I hope your friend continues to get better. I always worry that something will happen to my friends who live far away and I will not know about it.
Post a Comment