Dang! Rick and I were coming back from our night out at Culver's. We were about a mile and a half from turning off Bell Road and stopped at a light. When the light turned green we started to go and a motor cycle in front of us started to go but stalled out and I had to stop to keep from hitting him. He started again and I started to go too, but the Toyota in back of me hit me. Then a Honda CRV hit the Toyota.
Luckily no one was hurt. The middle car had quite a bit of damage to her rear end. I have a scraped bumper and some chrome popped out. The other two drivers got tickets but I was let go. I had my drivers license and insurance. It's a good thing Rick was with me or I'd probably have hit the motorcycle when he stalled and then I'd have been cited too.
Stuff happens. It's not good, but it's better than what happened to my friend in Idaho. No one was hurt. We all were civil to one another. Rick helped the elderly lady in the Toyota put her bumper in her back seat and tied her trunk shut. I feel the most sorry for her. She got the brunt of the damage.
You know me. I'm a bit shaken, but all will be OK. Lola got sick in the night and has been puny all day. I hope she feels better tonight. Have a good weekend, everyone. The grand boys and Rach are coming next week. Talk about a wreck... Just kidding, daughter! You know what a kidder I am.
11 comments:
Well, just crap. So glad you are both ok. I hate Bell Road, I'm sure I've only told you that 242 times. Let's try to get together after your kiddo leave. Let me know if you need me to help you when you drop the car off for repairs.
I am so sorry!!! That has to ruin your day.
I was on Bell Road just a month ago. I didn't drive at all. Arizona traffic is crazy.
Thank goodness you're okay! And missing out on the ticket is just the cherry on top.
Be careful, you. We kinda like ya.
That is no good. It's such a pain to work with insurance and get cars fixed. But, it happens. I don't know what Bell Road is, but I'll be sure to stay off of it if I every find myself in Arizona. :) Be glad you are not in Southern Idaho today- it is so obnoxiously windy today. You just enjoy your Arizona spring instead of an Idaho one.
That's a good news-bad news story for sure. I'm glad you escaped without a ticket though. Maybe it's just because I'm 'foreign' but I love Bell Road. It gets me where I want to go. Lloyd and I cruised it from Sun City Fiesta in the west to wherever it ends in the east last year - what a great way to see the cities while avoiding the dreaded freeways.
I don't know where Bell Road is... but I was rear-ended last year. GLAD you suffered no injuries. It's a shame about the others and their cars.
Good example of people following too closely - probably why they got a ticket. A pet peeve of mine. Glad that you didn't have too much damage - little accidents like that are such a pain.
Hate it when that happens!!! One accident left me never wanting one again. The paper work! Anyhoo...so glad you are A-OK and all healthy and all that.
Glad you are both okay and that you didn't get cited. Dealing with an accident definetly does not make for a good day.
Last week must have been the week to get rear-ended. I was rear-ended on Monday night on my way to class. So glad all of you were ok!
Shoot! How did I miss this? Oh yeah, I've been painting. So sorry but happy you're intact
Post a Comment