When we arrived home we found a police notice on the door for poor Barley-kins. Evidently while we were gone, she got a little protective of the home place. We called the officer and he said there was an anonymous complaint while we were gone. I'm sorry, but Barley was left in charge. (She had a dog sitter but he comes twice a day and can't be here forever.) The neighbors had someone staying at their place who had a Harley. I don't know what they were doing while we were gone but they were out there messing around with their hawg and a pressure washer. Whatever, Barley is now a criminal canine. We're working on her manners. We seldom go any where. I'm sure she'll do better next time. Ya gotta love the Barley.
The SIL was another public and private nuisance. I think he outdid himself this time. It's impossible to describe his actions. Suffice it to say that he should have been the one written up by the police. The man is mean and psycho. There's just no other words for him. I will never like him and he doesn't like me either. I feel so sorry for Daughter and the boys, but no one will take my suggestions, so.... He sure knows how to ruin a good time.
We took the boys to see Carl Edwards at Wal-Mart. I so hate Wal-Mart. Have I told you that? The boys were exhausted. I don't know why Rach tries to do so much in one day with them. Poor dears.The Sportsman re-opened in LV. It's a big deal for Rach and Rick. sigh! It's exhausting.
Rachel and I both bought a bird. I don't have mine up yet. This is hers.
I told you the boys were exhausted. Roost passed out at Red Robin. Poor dear.
And so, that was our weekend. I have much to do today. I must get to it. Here's to another week...!




9 comments:
Sounds like a TERRIFIC family adventure. GREAT photos to tell the story. Take care.
The pic of rooster asleep at red robin is a classic. He is so cute
I, too, love the photo of Rooster sound asleep. Our son was famous for falling asleep in his spuds.
How I missed you! And now to hear about poor Barley being a criminal. What's the world coming to???? And you S-I-L? Oh, deary me.
Love the pic of you at the NASCAR race...your hair is cute and you are fer sure 'dewey'.
Hugs....J
If you survived Sportsmans opening you are made of stronger stuff than me.
Such cute boys.
Sorry about the canine crook! Hopefully you have good representation.
Welcome home! One of these days, bring Barley over to play with my dog, if all goes well, and it should, you can leave her with us when you go out of town. We would love to have her. Seriously. When are you leaving for Idaho?
I wanna go to the races sometime! And yes he sure was tired!
We were in St. George last weekend and you were always on my mind! I kept thinking that I should have set up a little meet and greet....something! The Mr. said Vegas would be a madhouse with the big race going on....killjoy.
About your Rach and the boys, perhaps she tries to do so much to make up for the @#&%*$# she is married to? He sounds like a gem :(
And in response to the post that follows this one, tell her we all agree, ESCAPE WHILE YOU CAN! And while the boys are still young enough to adjust.
P.S. Because I just can't shut up. We left our dogs this past weekend at a boarding kennel, to the tune of $200.00. The reason? The last time we left our lovely lab at home with someone to care for her we recieved a call from the poor girl saying she feared Gracie would be shot for her incessent barking.
She is 12 years old, I will not miss her. She now has gas :(
You are absolutely beautiful in the picture from the race. I so wish I had been there. We could have met. I almost called my friend on Saturday morning and said "Hey Baby, let's got to Vegas!" But the responsible person who must buy groceries took over. She can be so annoying.
I had some in-law type trouble myself over the last week or so. I can't believe how this man treats my sister. Yet she stays. Amazing.
Post a Comment