I have no pictures. I did go to Idaho. Mom truly did not know me at all this time. She didn't say one word. She smiled and shrugged, but did not react to anything. It's so heartbreaking that I can't really cry. I'm just completely puzzled by why this happens to someone.
One of my former principals (my favorite one) has liver failure and is not given a very good prognosis. Another stumper for my sense of justice.
The flights were fine. It was cold but dry in Idaho. I stayed at a different motel so I could sleep without listening to the neighbors breathe.
I went to lunch yesterday with about 14 retired teachers that I used to work with. That was fun. Some of them look a lot older. I'm so glad I haven't aged at all. :o)
Almost every female under 45 that I saw in the airports and shopping centers in the past two weeks has been wearing skinny jeans with boots. It's a great look if you are slightly anorexic with skinny hips. However, if one has any meat on those bones it looks slightly sausage-stuffed in casings-ish. I will refrain from this look since I am well over 45 and I have short, chunky legs and a large back side. Not a good look with tight jeans and boots. But those of you who can wear it--knock yourself out. I envy you.
Lola and Barley (and Rick when he arrives) are glad I'm home. Last weekend Rick and I went to Las Vegas to see Rachel and the boys. It was chaotic and a little frustrating, as usual. But Rick babysat for three hours so Rach and I could go shopping together without children. That's the first time in about three years that we have been able to do that. SIL went in and slept while Grandpa Rick watched the kids. He's such a gem. Ugh!!
I know this isn't mind-blowing news. I'm just updating my exciting, action-packed blog. I know you care.
Today is 12/12/12! Are you sick of hearing that?
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your Mama. I know that's heartbreaking. I don't get it either. Things are finally slowing down around here. Was in your neck of the woods yesterday. Did you know there is a nice estate resale store on the corner of Cotton Lane and Bell? Thought you should know. This is more like an email than a comment. I'll make a commenty comment. I would look like a sausage in that get up too.
Super 8 Motel! LOL!! When I used to stay there, the owner was the caretaker of my dad so she always put me into a suite and I didn't have that "breathing/snoring" (and coughing/talkinginsleep/kickingwalls/stayinguptillfourinthemorning) little problem. What drives me crazy in motels is hearing the walking in the room above me. ALL.NIGHT.LONG. Now I always ask for the top floor.
I feel for you with your Mom. So dang sad and unfair. My blood pressure has dropped plenty since my father died and, of course, after I got over the expected "funeral fight" with the DNA's (aka-siblings). Thankfullly, they are not in my life anymore. Glad you're back. I'm leaving next week for DC. Can't wait.
So sorry about your mom. My dad doesn't remember my name any more but he still knows I'm someone important to him so that's a comfort. I'm glad you had a good visit.
There is no justice where Alzheimer's or dementia is concerned. My mother hasn't known me for three years now. That's not fair at all.
Post a Comment