Anyway, I became bored this spring and painted my poopy brown fence all the colors of the rainbow--well, some of them. I used old paint I had and purchased some mistakes and had some mixed. This is what I came up with.
I tried for an ombre (??) effect to blend between colors. I'm afraid it just looks like I didn't know where to stop and start. I bought this cute sun (and fibbed a little to Rick about its cost.)
This came from an idea I got from the book Telling the Bees which says that if you have worries or concerns, you tell the bees and they will spread it all around and ease your angst. (My bees look a little weird, but...)
This gypsy flag is designed after some I saw on Pinterest. It looks cuter in person. It takes a long time to make and you can't really tell from this pic.
Other flags and stars. (Why can't I position pictures better on this dang blog?)
A plant called elephant's something (foot, food??). I bought it from a neighbor who was moving and managed to keep it alive all summer. If you know me, plants, and Arizona heat, you know this was quite a feat.
The weather now is purt'near perfect. About 90 some in the day and 65ish by night. You would love it. This must be why we came here. It sure wasn't for the 124 degrees peak of this scorching summer.
I leave you with these images and hope to heck I learn how to load them faster in the future.
I'm so happy to be back. I missed this. Now if I can just keep finding something to post...My life is not filled with events.
5 comments:
Welcome back! You've been gone a long while. It's hard sometimes to come up with things to post if you're life is pretty regular like mine. I haven't posted since June when our son passed away. Just can't come up with words at the moment but hoping I can soon.
Your fence is really lovely.
I'm so glad to see your wall, I couldn't wait to see how it turned out. So colorful and pretty! Mine is very blah in comparison. What a huge project!
Your fence is happy and fun....I really really really like it! ALL the colors!
You think 90 degrees is ok? I'd be a puddle!! We've been having weather in the low 70's and that is heaven to me. And in the high 30's at night. Yep, got the flannel sheets on the bed! I'm a WIMP in the heat, so I appreciate that you can tolerate it.
And, dear girl, your FLAG IS A PRAYER FLAG IN DISGUISE! The same concept as what you see on Pinterest......just add some words. You got it!!!
xo
You freehanded that beehive? And bees??? I love it.
I love your ombre. Perfect. You're pretty dang clever.
It's good to have you back and I think I would LOVE to have a lemon tree in my yard.
Post a Comment