Friday, November 20, 2015

My Introspection



Since no one reads my blog, I am now going to use it as a digital diary. I usually watch too much television news. By that I mean FOX News. I'm not ashamed of that, though some would say I should be.

I find out what's going on in the world, sort of. I read articles on the computer from other news outlets. I subscribe to political pin boards on Pinterest. I read as many books about current ideology as I can stand, though I usually find them dull and depressing.

Writing a book is on my wish list. If only there was something scintillating  to write about.

I get depressed easily nowadays. I grow afraid with each new terror attack. I grow weary at our asinine president's pablum that passes as strategy. "We've contained ISIS!" And the heart of Paris is decimated. Kerry spouts off that the first Paris attack was instigated by the cartoon of Mohamed but this one wasn't. It's insane.

Rick has been working late for several weeks. It's his office manager's fault and I just want to fire bomb her. She is ruining my peaceful, tranquil life in Arizona. In Idaho he worked 12-14 hours each day and I guess I got used to this. Here he has been lucky to get off at 4:30 almost every work day for 6 and a half years. Now, we are back to late nights where I worry, can't fix dinner, can't make plans, can't relax. It's making me crazy.

The weather is lovely today. At least that is a good aspect. I'm reading a pretty good book Same Kind of Different As Me, but it's not one that just rivets me to the page and makes me forget my life.

Rick is working tomorrow too. Sigh! I want to eat mincemeat pie--hot with vanilla ice cream. I want to talk to my mom and dad, I want to walk at night in crunchy snow.

On Facebook there was a collage of words most used in our posts. Mine had I'm as the word I used the most. That isn't at all what I thought it would be. Maybe I really am self-centered. I need to move out of myself and think of others more.

3 comments:

joanne said...

I'm reading, but barely posting. The rhetoric is mind boggling and depressing. Must be November, the time change, the cooler weather, the dark days and lonely nights....whoops I better stop before you really get depressed.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I can't stand to watch the news. Any time that person posing as a president opens his mouth I want to scream. I hate feeling like that so I have to turn it off.

Yes. You should write a book. It would be a good read for sure.

Be glad you aren't in Idaho. It's freaking frigid today.

Anonymous said...

The news can be overwhelming and so very frustrating these days. America is not what she used to be and I find it quite distressing, but -- there is nothing I can do about it so I leave it in God's hands.

My reading this morning brought me to Psalm 64. If you can find it in the Amplified version (which I've been using for over 40 years and is readily available on Bible Gateway online), you will find a very good description of our world today -- full of secret enemies -- and how God will handle it. Hope it encourages you.