Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankful For

I know these thankful posts cover the internet and Facebook. The point is that I haven't done it and I am going to do it now for ME:

I am thankful...

1. that Rick and I are together and healthy. He is the joy of my life but I hate it when either of us is sick.
2. for good parents who loved me and did the best they could to raise me in a happy home.
3. for a home that is paid for and for being practically debt free. for good credit and good sense in spending.
4. for my beautiful daughter and her sweet sons who make me a happy grandma.
5. that I worked long enough at a job that offers retirement so that I can be comfortable financially.
6. that I live in America. Despite all of the stupid leaders and problems, it is still the best country and best democracy going.
7. for Lola and Barley, our dogs. They make me happy when everything else is falling apart. They love me unconditionally.
8. that Rick has a job that doesn't work him and stress him to death. That he is safe and relatively happy working.
9. for my love of reading good books. Where would I be without reading?
10. that I am not stupid. That I have a good brain and can think clearly and fairly logically. That I can learn and grow intellectually and carry on a cogent conversation.
11. for my weird sense of humor. I like that I am a bit twisted and see funny in strange places.
12. that my hair is pretty white and not ugly, puke gray that it could have been when I stopped having it dyed.
13.  that I was raised in Idaho, on a farm, and in the age that I was. It was the best childhood experience ever. I love small towns, dirt roads, farms, and Idaho.
14. that I have a reliable car to drive.
15. that I am not as fat as I could be and once was.
16. that I have good penmanship and am somewhat creative and can craft and decorate my home.
17 for a few good friends.
18. for Diet Coke.
19. for my religion, belief in God, and faith in the plan of salvation.
20. that I don't have migraines like I used to.
21. that I'm not hideous looking or deformed.
22. that cell phones, television, electricity, etc., were invented for my life.
23. that we are able to vote.
24. for a public library.
25. that I can see, hear, and have all my limbs and senses.
26. that Kyle Busch won the NASCAR championship this year.

Many more things too...November 24, 2015!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great list -- covers everything from the really necessary to the absolutely just for fun. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.