Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Plodding on


Rick is working! That's a plus...He likes his job at the Canal Co. though he has only been at it one day. The first day is always a little scary but he got along fine. He "rode his ride" and made sure the head gates were working right. Today he might burn weeds. He was home by 4:15 so that was wonderful. Much better than working til midnight as he did at his other job.

We had another offer on the house, but it too was contingent on her selling her house. We can't wait for those, so had to turn it down. But hope that she can sell hers quickly and come back with an immediate offer. Hope, hope, hope! I'm a little discouraged, but...

We sold the ugly trailer. So one more eyesore gone from the place. Now we just have the race car to go, and I seriously wonder if that will ever happen. No one seems to want it now that they've changed our class. Wouldn't you know they'd change the car style just when we are trying to sell our car...

The weather has been nicer the last couple of days. I feel a little better when the sun shines. Wish us luck on our endeavors. We really do want to go south if possible...

2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Looks like things are looking up in life! I'm so glad it is getting warmer outside. We love to play in the warm weather!

The Cook Clan said...

I think we are home for a bit now.