Saturday, March 7, 2009

Water-Works

At a little before 10 last night we heard this sound of water running somewhere. We checked all the inside areas and then outside--Near the front sidewalk right outside Rachel's old room was a "fountain" of water bubbling up from the ground! Not a pretty sight at bedtime on a cold winter's night.
So I tried calling the water co. and eventually was routed to non-emergency city dispatch. She said she'd contact the city water guy. Ten minutes later water was heading for the foundation and the house, so I called her back and frantically wondered when the guy was calling. (I know she thought I was an idiot! She's right!) Two more calls later, the water guy finally drives up with yellow light flashing. Turns off the water, tells us it's our problem, and drives off into the night, yellow light off.
So all night I worried and had to go to the bathroom and was thirsty and worried and had to go to the bathroom and was thirsty and slept very little. This morning Rick went to Lowe's and bought a 5-gallon bucket, stopped at J's car wash and got water and brought it home so I could flush and brush. Then Dan the Sprinkler Man came over and he and Rick have been digging a three-foot deep trench from the water meter to the house. The pipe is rusted and all rotted so it has to ALL be replaced.
Oh, my gosh...I'm so worried. Why does this kind of stuff happen on the weekends in the winter when we're trying to sell our house? Why do I have to go to the bathroom every five minutes ever since the well went dry (or should I say toilet went dry)? Anyway, I'm panicked and stressed as never before. I really need to get my medication upped or something. I can't handle any stressors at all! Some how this too shall pass. I'm sure we'll look back on this and laugh SOME DAY, but NOT today!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is no good! I don't blame you for being stressed out. Who wouldn't be? But, I am sure it will get fixed and it will all be a distant memory. :) Good luck!!!

The Cook Clan said...

Oh my goodness, that seriously sucks! I could tell you guys were able to shower Sunday morning, cuz I didn't get a phone call and I didn't smell anything grose at church.... :) Other than the kids once in a while. I'm glad it got all fixed. That is a bummer though.