Monday, August 10, 2009




The house is coming along. You can see that the kitchen is nearly done. I bought this cool plate rack cupboard cuz there was this "hole" where a cabinet should have been. I also bought that wild material on the chair to make new covers for the chair cushions but I can't find my scissors or staple gun, so I'll have to hope that Rachel brings them in the load from LV pretty soon. Can't find my sewing machine pedal either. Where did I put this stuff? I painted the master bathroom today. Not sure I like it, but it's done any way. The light fixture in there is UGLY but I can't afford a new one, so...Anyway, I have the guest bath left to paint and two bedrooms and I'll be done. It's cooler here now--only 103 degrees as the high. That seems cool now. Even Barley enjoys the milder weather. You can see Rick lying on the couch. That's his favorite position lately. He says his hip hurts. Right!! I think he's just lazy. ;o)






2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

How fun! I really want to paint my kitchen that color! It is so fun!!! The new cushions covers will be super cute. Your so hip! I, someone younger, copy you're super cute ideas. We don't live close now so no one will know but me or you. You are very creative and should be a home intertior decorater.

Heather said...

Wow, it looks great! I love the colors. And the plate rack is super cute- I want one. :) Is it starting to feel like home yet? I can't believe that 103 degrees is "mild" weather- you belong in a warm climate. :) Enjoy the rest of the painting and hopefully soon, you can sit back and relax. :)