Sunday, August 23, 2009

Striped Chair


Rachel and troops brought the trailer with ALL the rest of our junk. Oh my! I'd forgotten all of the boxes and boxes of stuff we had in that trailer. I even sent a couple of things back with Rachel that I didn't have room for--a hope chest with her momentos, a wicker trunk she's wanted for years, a space heater.
She didn't love the material that I have chosen for the chair covers, but she liked almost everything else. I over rode her opinion on the material. I like it! I think it looks lovely! So after I found my good scissors, my staple gun, and assorted other tools, we covered one chair just to see how we like it. I love it! So... It's my chair and I think it looks grand. I plan on making a valance for the kitchen window too. ;o)
Rick aired up the tires on our bikes that were in the trailer. He is sitting here waiting for me to go for a bike ride. Sigh...I don't know about riding bikes in 100 degree weather, Rick. I'm not any more Lance Armstrong than I am Michael Phelps. We'll see how far I make it this evening.
We enjoyed our visit with the kids. They are getting so grown up. I bought them little, rolling suitcases that they wanted. Their cousin has one and that was part of the "needed" list. I should have taken pictures. They were so cute with them. I always miss them tremendously when they leave. However, there are fingerprints, sticky stuff, and debris left behind to remind me of them. ;o) Rooster wants me to come to their house soon. He's also ordered a pirate bed. He has quite the list. Blakers delivered some great hugs that he's saved up for Grandma Jo. He's such a gentle heart. Love them so much.

2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

I love the material! Sounds like you all had a very fun weekend.

Heather said...

I am glad Rachel was able to come and help you. I am sure the boys were big "helps" too. I like the chairs- fun colors.