Thursday, September 2, 2010

9-02-10 Get it?

Too much trivia? I heard on the "news" that today is 9-02-10. You know like the Hollywood zip code and the show on TV. Get it?  Just wanted to keep you apprised to the really crucial daily data.

Have you seen the cute Amy Butler bags that sell for $68? I thought (which is always dangerous) that I could make one cheaper. So I bought material (couldn't get Amy Butler), a pattern, and started in. I've worked for two days on this Amy Butler knock off. . Now my eyes hurt, my vision is blurry and my head aches because obviously my glasses aren't strong enough to sew with any more. It does NOT look like the cute ones on line. Crap!

The other craptastic detail is that the bag/purse/whatever is HUGE. It's half as tall as I am. That was not what I was going for. Crap!! So now I look like the bag is carrying me instead of me carrying it. I've invested hours, dollars, and weakened my sight for something that I fear I can't use for its designed purpose. Crap!

Pocket I added for cell phone. Now it looks like it has a tumor.
.
I didn't walk today. I feel fat. My purse is bigger than Texas. Crap!

4 comments:

rae said...

Craptastic! I love it!

life in red shoes said...

Hang in there Jo, tomorrow will be better:)

I've also started a few designer bags, I have to reming myself that the person making them has made so many they have perfected their skills.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world- the makers, and the buyers. Sometimes it just pays to be the latter.
And if you feel fat, I feel like a beached whale!

cathycan said...

I think it's cute! It doesn't HAVE to look like an Amy Butler, whoever the h that is? YOU weant to be different, to design and make your OWN bag, that's the beauty of it!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Be proud of your bag!! You're a trendsetter!

And don't think I didn't notice that you totally stole my "craptastic", either, lol!!!

Blog Archive