it certainly could be. One of my friends on Fb posted this picture of her three-year-old daughter's cute little butt. I seriously thought for a minute she'd sneaked in and taken a picture of me (except for the bright pink panties. I haven't had those on for a while...) Why is it that "thunder thighs" are so cute on toddlers and so unattractive on senior citizens? Life just keeps puzzling me.
The Rickster takes his lunch to work. Every day I make him a sandwich, a baggie of generic Oreo-style cookies, and 2 small bags of Cheetos. Every day the same...I tried sending fruit, left overs, anything for variety. He didn't appreciate my change-ups. He wants a SANDWICH on white bread--no lettuce. He wants sandwich cookies not home made cookies, banana bread, or brownies. He likes him some Cheetos, the crispy variety, no fiery or puffed. It's rather boring to fix and, you might think, boring to eat. Au contrar, my bloggy friends. He doesn't want variation.
So this morning he asked me what kind of sandwich he had so he'd know if he should put it in his cooler or not. "Peanut butter," I announced.
"Oh, good!" he responded with sincere enthusiasm. He loves peanut butter--no jelly, jam, honey--nothin' on it. I know. I know. He's so weird. It's good to be consistent, but...
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
September
(18)
- Perhaps Saturday
- Mockingjay
- Saving Where We Can--(can...snort...get it?)
- Loyal NASCAR Fan(s)
- Blaker Bean
- Not My Backside, But...
- Life is Good...
- It's Not Easy Being Green...
- Oh How I Wish
- Room Without a View
- It's Love!
- Oh, Yes...
- Happy Birthday, Mom!
- Idaho Proud
- Another Go At It
- Better Day--Sort Of...
- 9-02-10 Get it?
- Backward Order
-
▼
September
(18)

11 comments:
well you always know that as long as you don't vary off of that, he'll be a happy Rickster!
I'm just a PB girl, myself. No fruity stuff on my sandwiches. And now Cheetos sound really, really good.
At least you know there's something in life you can always count on. ;-)
I love PB with just a little bit of Smuckers Red Raspberry Preserves. It has to be Smuckers. I think all of us are creatures of habit when it comes to certain things. Sounds like the Rickster is easy to please.
Can you make me a lunch? I LOVE Cheetos! But I resist them always.
I make the same thing every single day- hamandcheeseonwheatwithmayoandmustard.
33+years can do it in my sleep, he comes for lunch every single day.
I guess we should be glad they're not picky?
Mine's the same way, 'cept he makes his own, And it MUST be served on a plate, on a placemat, with a napkin beside the plate and the lettuce washed "just so".
I think it is sweet that you make your hubby lunch everyday :)
HI!!
I prefer PLAIN peanut butter too!!
No jelly!!Weird huh!!
i love cheetos too, but I like the crunchy ones!!!
Cookies, I prefer home made and or banana bread or brownies!!You are making me hungry!!
I use to pack my hubby a lunch, now he prefers to go grab something so he can get away from it all for a hour!!!
OK--no big deal!!
I love your sense of humor, makes me laugh ---OUT LOUD!!!
hugs,
jamie
Oh goodness! You are so funny! That is how I'm looking these days. Being preggers is deff, not a cute site!
Mark is the same way...it's always turkey, mustard, cheese. Nothing more...nothing less.
Hey Jo:
Found your blog through Laraine's. We seem to have a lot in common. I live in AZ, am addicted to Diet Coke, Nascar (Go 48) and that's what the backs of my thighs look like too!
Post a Comment