Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Little Scorched and Deflated



It's hot, people. All the juices and life force leaves in this heat.


Motorized float tubes deflate never to be puffed up again.



Shade sail blew down and the pole pulled out of the ground.
There are wind gusts of about 60 mph right now and a dust storm warning on TV for Maricopa County. We bought a flag finally and the wind twisted the bracket and blew it down.
I fixed a delicious blueberry dessert but I might have eaten it before I remembered to take pictures--maybe. Use your imagination. It was blueberry yogurt, fresh blueberries, whipped cream, and pina colada muffins sliced and layered alternately. Trust me. It was tasty, cool and I'm sure it was low cal. It had yogurt and blueberries. Practically health foods...
So have a good 4th everyone. It is a grand country we live in even if the particular place we landed is hotter than the hubs of hell right now--and windy, very windy.

13 comments:

RoeH said...

I bought a boysenberry pie in this wonderful pie shop at Power and Brown Streets in E. Mesa and ate half of it until I decided to freeze the dang thing or I would eat ALL of it. Me likey boysenberries.

And I look just exactly like those plants!!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh yummy......that dessert sounds incredible!!! I don't blame you for not taking the time to snap a pic, lol!

So....you know that Stampin Up is having a special this month. Staying inside, keeping cool, gettin' inky....what could be more perfect??? *smile*

Holly said...

My plants are looking the same. Depressing. Remind me, why are we living here again?

Tammy said...

Aww Poor plants!!! I'm following you now, found you from Holly. =) I'm loving your picture for your header. So relaxing!

Emily of Boston said...

I went away for the weekend and came back to 95+ degrees and dead flowers. Sad face. :(

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh dear JO.....I remember all these photos well....I have had almost all of them happen to me in a summer in AZ. Speaking of deflating.....we drove the motorhome up to Williams on the first day of our trip. We happen to have a sleep number bed. My number is 35 sweet hubs is 40.....well when we went to get into bed that night in the high altitude of Williams...the # was l00 on both sides.....we are lucky the dang thing did not explode!!! LOL LOL.

Remember if all else fails....open the freezer door and just stand there for a while. (O:(O:

xo

the other JO

Pat MacKenzie said...

On I hope everything's all right at my place. I don't remember whether or not Lloyd put the shade umbrella away. It's probably floating in the pool by now. I don't enjoy hot wind. Your dessert sounds lovely - I love blueberries and pina colada anything.

CB said...

Those are some dry plants - Of course, it is funny but they will be happy and thriving in the winter when ours will be dead.

Met a family today visiting from Arizona - It was 99 today in the mountains and they were loving it - they said when they left home the other day it was 120. I guess it is all relative (to me it was HOT).

Your dessert sounds delish!

Hope you are having a nice 4th!

cathycan said...

That dessert sounds wonderful! especially after a session in the human dehydrator that is Az. right now! I feel for you!! We on the other hand, had to abandon fireworks tonight because of rain and wind! I cant remember another time it's rained on and off ALL day on the 4th! Take it easy this week, get some rest!

Nicole said...

we may not be as hot as you, but we're hot and burning up too!

Amy said...

Some of my flowers on the deck look similar to that and we aren't quite as hot.

I am not a blueberry eater but that does sound delicious.

Anonymous said...

Super windy here in Havasu too and hot and humid and lots of lightning for hours on end. My plants look like yours ... shriveled up no matter how much water I give them. Guess that's what you get on the desert.

mCat said...

The plants look just like mine and I'm not even in the heat! I just kill plants.

And the blueberry dessert sounds YUM!

Blog Archive