Rick just told me my hair looks like a mop. He wasn't even trying to be mean and he wasn't kidding. He was just making a Rick-comment. Like the time he said he loved me even when I'm ugly.
The problem is, he's right. My hair is longer, but it's gotten curlier and bushier and more poofed with every inch. I'm completely at a loss. I've messaged my hair lady on fb for an emergency fix. I love her coloring of my hair, but I'm not so sure about the cut. And no! I'm not posting a picture.
Just visualize a fuzzy mop with a fat, wrinkled handle and you have me! Argh!
He-who-shall-be-nameless is out getting the boat ready to float off on Lake Pleasant. I'm counting on lots of fun today.
What are your plans? Anyone?
8 comments:
YOU CRACK ME UP WOMAN!!!
Hey now that I am getting older and my hair more like poofy wire I have discovered the straightening iron.
This has seriously helped me with my mop of hair. Wash, dry, straighten, then style. It just tames the hair and it will stay that way for an extra day too.
Good luck and don't kill Rick I don't want to have to send you cookies in the big house!
So family history's been keeping you from us! I've been wondering where you were. :-)
I wish I had any good advice, but I don't dare cut my hair short, so I have none to offer. Men! Crazy creatures. Hope it was a fun day!
Yes, it is cooling off which means our boats are going back in the water and our husband's will want us to be on them too. I love your bushy little head with it's little flippy sides. Leave it and learn to love it.
My experience is that my hair very seldom does exactly what I would like it to do. It's fine and straight (except for a strange lopsided wave that has come in my middle years) and has no body. It just lies there ... flat. If I cut it short (I've cut my own hair for more years than I can count) I have to use a hairdryer every day to get any kind of style at all. So now I'm growing it out long which is how I wore it for many of my younger years. At least this way I can just wash it and put it up out of the way -- and no hair dryer! When the weather cools I can use the hair dryer lightly and a curling brush and wear it down.
In my experience men always point out the things we don't want to hear. It is one of the flaws in the male DNA.
Typical woman, we're never happy with our hair :(
You know what you need? You need to have it thinned and texturized. It takes out the bulk and adds shape.
Mine does the same thing, it poofs on the sides to the point where I look like Bozo the clown ;)
I am certain is not as bad as you make it out...but, sorry, this is funny! And that Rickster is a hoot.
I still haven't found my "signature style" although, since I've worn my hair like this for years..I guess this shoould be it. But, I don't like IT..so what's a girl to do?
Hang in there..you'll look amazing as soon as you have a moment to play with it..
You name it I'll do it. Just as soon as I recover.
Post a Comment