We didn't know because we'd never been there. So the past three Christmases we planned to go and never made it. Yesterday--by golly, we experienced Tucson.
And those people were right when they implied that there was nothing to do in the city to the south.
One high point was buying pecans, pistachios and honey from the back of vintage van of an older man's at a convenience store outside of St. David. (Or maybe the convenience store was St. David.) I honestly think he was an incarnation of Clarence the angel from "It's a Wonderful Life." But I forgot to take a picture of that high point.
This grave was from someone who had died in October of this year. The graves are just right out in the gravely earth with no plants or vegetation.
Rick says he thinks I'm searching for my identity or my soul. Maybe he's right. I never knew my biological parents and I'm pretty sure they never cared about me. Perhaps I am searching for an unknown kernel of my life.
We ate at Big Nose Kate's Saloon. I nearly froze my ample rear off it was so cold in there. And the picture of Kate didn't really look like her nose was that big.
Today on Christmas we did nothing. I wanted to go to Les Miserables. Rick said he wasn't standing in line for two hours for an over two-hour movie that he couldn't pronounce. There were no presents and no friends calling but we are at the end of it and I haven't taken down my Christmas tree on Christmas day as I usually do, so that's some improvement in my holiday spirit. Hope your day was wonderful.
6 comments:
You are so pretty!!! I love your hair.
Glad you were able to experience Tuscon.
Love the graveyard.
You should leave the tree up until at least Friday.
Sounds like a quiet Christmas for you. My hubs enjoyed an absolutely quiet day at home alone.
The ER was the epitome of craziness.
Didn't feel too much merry and brightness.
Tucson? Really? Hmmm. Yup, not a lot going on there. We had a pretty quiet Christmas here too. Had a nice dinner of lasagna with garlic bubble bread and salad. Wasn't feeling traditional. No presents exchanged this year which was nice. Looking forward to a nice uneventful New Years too.
Hey! I love Tucson. There's so much generations of history that I can spend time salivating on. And Tombstone? My cousin is coming down in February. We just may make it there. I think it's fun but VERY touristy and the charge at getting into every single one of those buildings irritates me greatly. Last time I was there my sister and I took in an old time opera in the old opera building. The kind that always say "No no a thousand times no" to the mean old mortgage guy. I always enjoy it though. It's fun.
Tucson is fun if you know it's secret places. My brother lives there and shows us the good spots :) It is so different than the valley though huh?
First of all, you look beautiful! I love the hair, and you look so pretty :)
Next, at least you had the gumption to get out of the house and experience something and somewhere new! That's progress in my book.
Oh Jo, when you say that your birth parents didn't care about you, that couldn't be further from the truth. They cared enough to give you a better life than they could offer. Your birth mother didn't leave you on a cold bathroom floor or in a dumpster. You were loved enough to be given a chance.
You are a child of God, he knows and loves you :)
I wish I could reach through this damn box and give you a hug, you are loved :)
The company I work for has a site in Tucson and one out tesh support fella's sent me some pecans for Christmas one year.
I like visiting cemetaries. The older the better. I wonder about the lives, loves, and deaths represented there.
When you pass through Utah again, you should visit Grafton. It is a litle ghost town but the most interesting part is the cemetary.
Post a Comment