I've been busy, sort of, for me anyway. It doesn't take much to constitute my version of "busy." Anything that is not sitting on my rear is considered activity.
I painted two old silver trays with chalkboard paint, and ta-dah! There you have 'em. I got liquid chalk markers which I love. I am very impressed with the liquid chalk. I went to an open house in Verrado a couple of weeks ago. At one house a whole wall was painted with turquoise chalkboard paint and someone had used liquid chalk markers to write a cute pool party menu in wonderful lettering. That is what started me on the chalk quest. I would paint a whole wall if I thought it would look good, but, alas, I don't have an area.
I painted Rick's bathroom green. In this picture it looks the same as the kitchen color. It isn't. It's a mix of anjou pear and apple green. Very fruity--hahaha! You can't see the real glory of it here.
I painted the inside of the pantry apple green. It was hard to paint those little areas. I was tired. This green looks very similar to the other greens. It is not.
Good ol' Holly gave me these canisters. I covered the "sugar" and "flour" with chalkboard paint (yes, I do go kinda crazy with one thing) and use them in the laundry room for my soap and oxiclean because I hated the ugly boxes. They are very cute though you can't see it here. My laundry room is blue and green. I like them. Thanks, Hol.
This does not seem like a very interesting blog post even though I waited days to post it until I had everything done. Life is like that some times. You wait for something that you think will be neat and then it just falls flat and doesn't seem so keen as you expected. In my world the greens are very different and the canisters look very good. Believe!




13 comments:
I like that you painted the wall in your pantry a pretty color. I like the chalkboard trays, and the canisters. I need to get more creative with my home decorating.
You clever girl........look at all the painting you've done while I've none NADA in my studio OR house!
Love the green (s) that you used....I'm a fan of those colors and would paint my bedroom a sage-pear green if 'somebody' wouldn't faint!!!! I love to paint!
I've seen that chalkboard paint someplace and thought it quite fun.....can see a whole wall in the kitchen or mudroom (if I had one) with funny quips written on it.
Personally, I think you win with creativity, Jo. I bow to thee.
Can you come over and paint? I'll make cookies! Or serve you volumes of Diet Pepsi????
I have never heard of this mysterious substance called liquid chalk. Did you have to buy it on the black market?
If none of us were interested in one anothers home life no one would be reading blogs :)
P.S. I love what you've done!
I'm so glad that green is replacing brown as the color of choice in homes now. I love your colors. When I recently completed my scrapbook room I painted the feature wall a pale lime green and I have green accents throughout the room. Then my daughter did extensive renos in her house and the kitchen's feature wall is a darker shade of the same green as mine - it looks so light and airy after the heavy browns it used to be. Go Green!
PS. You print like a school teacher!
My computer crashed on Wednesday and I haven't gotten it back yet. I can't believe you actually posted something on the one day that I didn't check your blog. Using my laptop which is sluggish and I believe it has it out for me. I need to come and see Rick's bathroom. What does he think? Maybe I should paint that wall by my laundry room with chalkboard paint, but then I would feel compelled to write something creative and snarky everyday on it and I just don't have it in me.
I was going to comment on what Pat said. Your printing is school teacher perfect. I wish I could print like that. Annnd. . . love what you've done. I want some melted chalk too or whatever it was you said. I have the perfect wall for it in the kitchen.
I have never used chalkboard paint, but I love it.
Your canisters are cute!
Uh, I'm not sure I would have painted the inside of the pantry.
You have more umph than me.
So if you paint your walls with that stuff and write on it, then does chalk dust get all over the floor?
Ok, you've had that sweet baby for several days now and I'm sure you've taken tons of pictures. You have, haven't you? Get to posting so I can see his beautiful face. Miss you! After things settle down, we are outta here!
Where art thou?
HI Jo! Since I can't seem to get thru by email I'll try this route. I think of you, just want you to know that :) And always remember,
DON'T LET THE BASTARDS GET YOU DOWN!
Take care, I miss you.
Hello Jo!
Miss you tons!
Hugs and love.
I know you're in there someplace.
Post a Comment