Hello, my name is Jo and I am a blogspot dropout. I seek your compassion and acceptance back into the fold.
I watched LDS conference today. Jeffery R. Holland spoke about depression and about the comeback of Nie Nie when she was burned. Somehow through that, I realized that I have missed my humble little blog and the good friends I made there.
It's been 10 months since my last post. I didn't even remember how to make a new entry. But, it is like riding a bike. I climbed back on. Though my tires are low on air and my chain needs greasing, I will pedal, pedal, pedal. I will see if I can fire up and write again. I painted my back wall a multitude of garish colors. It makes me happy. I will take a picture next time and show you.
Many times in the past 10 months, I have thought how I need to "talk" to you, blog world. Though I do know a few people here in Arizona, I still lack the will to socialize sometimes. I have a friend Julie who drags me out into the light on occasion. We shop at Sweet Salvage, feast on tacos or burritos at America's Taco Shop, and gorge on gelato at Gelato Spot. What would I do without her! I'm thankful that she pries me out of my solitude.
Our friend Holly took me out to lunch for my birthday months ago, but I didn't return the favor to her in September. Sorry, Holly. I will make it up to you soon. I promise.
The grandsons visit less. They are so busy with their activities. The twins were baptized in June and play baseball with little success but lots of enthusiasm. Gunnar turned 3 just this last week. He is a happy soul who is very smart. Their mother, my only daughter, still tries my patience and thrills me somewhat simultaneously. They worry me endlessly.
My mom is 92 now and doesn't know me. My hair is about the same length as when I left you, but easier to control now because I'm a bit more used to it. I still struggle with weight, depression, and faith. All three need vast attention that I'm often unwilling to give. The Rickster is still his positive self. He doesn't know or care that I haven't blogged in months. He's busy shooting skeet.
I love you all. I hope you will comment and have not forgotten me. I have missed you more than you will ever know. I will try to do better. I will! Have a good fall. Isn't October a delightful month! Weather is nigh unto perfect and no gifts are required in the next two months. What more could we want! Exclamation point!!
9 comments:
I'm sorry, who are you again? Proud of you for pulling those big girl panties out of your dusty drawer and re-entering the blogging world. I've been thinking about it too. As for my bday, don't even think about it. We are both broke and desperate. Need to see your back wall. Show pics soon. Miss you.
Yes, I remember you........and missed you, too.
Seems we all took a little vacation from blogging here and there, but it's so nice to hear from you.
I still smile at the photo of all of us at lunch. A treasure indeed.
(((hugs))) to you........stay in touch.
Hello!!!!!!
Exclamation point!!!!!!
I have thought of you so often. I don't profess to understand everything about depression and feeling overwhelmed like that but I do know that there are many that love you.
I look forward to seeing you more often on your blog and seeing what "crafts" you come up with.
Hugs!
WELCOME back. Sounds like the break from blogging did you good. And that Gelato place has my name on it. lol
I am so glad you blogged!! I have truly missed you!! I am blogging again too - not as much as I used to but I am trying to keep up and catch up! Who knew life would get even busier as I got older?
I love hearing the summaries of your family and what you have been doing. You are definately loved and a cherished friend here in blogland!!
I wondered what happened to you! :) Glad to see you're back.
I'm so glad I looked at my ol' blog today and saw your posts. I've missed you too!
You're back!!! Welcome back to the blogging world. I have missed you.
Post a Comment