Sunday, November 8, 2015

I've Forgotten Everything


To prove how much I forgot, I started this post, left to go get a picture from a file and lost my whole post. So here I am back again and starting over. Sigh...

This is a bookcase that Rick and I made out of scrap angle iron that was just in the garbage from work, cheap lumber from Home Depot, and wheels from Amazon. We started it in the heat of the Arizona summer, waited til it cooled off and then stopped raining, and finally finished it yesterday. It turned out nice though rather huge. That is kind of our motto, "Go big or go home!" We just don't know how to be moderate. I had three bookcases of books that I condensed into this one. We barely got it in the room, but it's working.

You haven't seen my hair since I let it go white. It's been a year and a half ago now, right after my mom passed away. (The two events were not connected, just coincidental, I think.)

It's longer now. I have enjoyed not having to color every three weeks and fight white roots and paying $60 bucks every three weeks. People stop me all the time and say it's a pretty color, so I guess I "done
good."


I made Gunnar a quilt for his bed. It actually looks better in "person" but it turned out OK. It's queen sized and I added the dark brown strip so it ended up almost too big. (Our hugeness again.) But I liked the finished product. Hope he does. He said he wanted animals and I got that on there, but when I gave it to him, he said I should have had bears and cougars. ugh!

While I was in Las Vegas delivering the quilt I dropped my 3-day-old iphone 6s in the toilet. I do not have a picture of that, but I can show you the picture of the white hair again. It's things like the phone in the loo that caused that white hair. Rachel put it in a bucket of DampRid and it seemed to work for now. We left it in the stuff for 20 hours and I can't tell you how hysterical and grumpy I was until I was able to take it out and find out whether it would work or not. I left Vegas at 3:30 a.m. and the weather was so cold (45 degrees) that three lights and a diagram of my tires low pressure were blinking. I had to drive like that for over 200 miles because nothing was open. I just wanted to come home, so I was just hell bent for leather. I didn't even care if the dang car blew up. I'm a little irrational and ridiculous like that.

I don't know if anyone I know is still in the blogger world. Hello? I might try to do this again. I need to communicate with someone other than Lola the Shih Tzu. Until later.

4 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

How fun to have you pop up on my newsfeed! It has been awhile.
Glad you're back. Sadly the blogger world is dwindling. Those were some fun years. I loved getting to know people.

I love your hair. It is beautiful. And the bookcase is stunning.
You're ambitious to do a quilt. I haven't ever attempted that.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

The Country Nest said...

Welcome back to blogging! I am glad you came by...I just joined you as a follower. I love your hair color. I go every five weeks at $90 a pop. My hair is only about half and half. I am afraid it would age me.
My chickens are happy and healthy. I read Fresh Eggs Daily, Tillys Nest and Deborah JeansDandelion House. Fresh Eggs Daily, Lisa Steele has a book that is my bible for chickens. I feed them from her guide and use many herbs. Pumpkins are a natural wormer. I just love them to bits. Some of Lisa's info may help your daughter. Thanks for the visit😊

AZ Larsens said...

Yay! I was wondering what happened to you. I don't even know how to get onto my blog anymore. I should try to figure that out. Your hair looks great!

Grandpa Flamingo's nest said...

Glad you're back! I really enjoy your posts. I used to be in Rachel's ward, but now live in Sandy, UT. You can do it, so now get Rachel to do it!!!! I LOVE her posts! I LOVE her!!! You're a good mom!!!