And she sends me--
| FHE lesson about David and Goliath |
I think Rooster is missing from this picture because it was too embarrassing. Blake is still a good sport and will pose for such silliness.
Gunnar dresses himself in various outfits of power now that he is 5. He is a man who knows himself and what he likes. And he is handsome, though he cut a big patch of hair out of the front just a few days ago. He's cute as sin, but not entirely foolproof.
Rooster is a guest player on a club baseball team this weekend. I don't exactly know what that is all about, but he is excited. I assume it means he is good. His mom is buying him a new bat for the occasion. Something to do with barrels. I am in a fog when it comes to baseball equipment. But I'm proud of you, Rick.
And so I am a LITTLE less homesick for the boys. I still get painful stabs when I go in the garage and see their new bikes hanging there almost unused. When I go out to the orange tree, I long for their help in picking the fruit. I just miss them.
Of course, there are times when they are here that I am exhausted and can't wait for them to leave so I can rest and tidy up. Why is there such a battle? I want them here but enjoy them from afar. It's a tug of war and my heart is the rope.
1 comment:
I get it.
I miss my granddaughter so bad, but then I do enjoy a clean house and easy meals for the first time in 37 years.
Post a Comment