Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blakers is broken


My sweet Blaker Booty fell off a jungle gym-type toy at preschool and broke his right leg down by the shin. OOHH, Blakers!! Grandma Jo is so sorry, but I know you will get well soon.
He gets his permanent cast on Friday. For now he just has a temporary splint and is being wheeled around in a red wagon. Rooster is bringing toys to Blake and putting them all around where he can reach them. Good helper, Roost.
I sure love those boys. Wish I lived closer so I could see them and hold them and tell them that I love them. They are soooo far away, it seems. At least it's warm in Las Vegas...It's supposed to snow here this weekend. Sigh!!
The MVS has cancelled the final race. The points will stand the way they are now, so Rick finished 5th and got Rookie of the Year, we're assuming. We need to sign up for the banquet that is on Nov. 1. So the season is over. It's just as well because Rick was having a hard time figuring how to get time to fix the car and trailer to make it to the race Sunday. Corn is winding down too so it won't be much longer.

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

Oh man! That stinks. That is miserable for the poor kiddo and the poor parents who have to deal with it. Hopefully it heals fast. Most kids do.