I think the boat is sold. We had a wild night. Two guys from Cascade (up by McCall) drove all the way down here to look at the boat. They were supposed to wait until Rick got off work at 4 but showed up at 2:45 and sort of puttered around out in the rain until Rick came home. That was a little nerve-racking to me, for some reason. (But then everything is nerve-racking to me ALL of the time.)
So by the time Rick got here it was raining A LOT and he wanted to take them down to the river to try it out. Then they found out one of the tires was shot. So they dickered us down a little and then they were going on down to Jackpot for the night and wanted us to change the tire and hold the boat here until tomorrow. So I calmly (mind you) went down to the file cabinet to get the title to the boat. I knew it was in the file marked "Skeeter." Knew right where everything was...But when I went through the file I couldn't find the title. They are in a hurry to get to Jackpot (oh, brother), people are waiting for them out in the car, and I can't find the title anywhere. I searched every place I thought it could be, but nothing.
I wrote them out a bill of sale, shaking from the frustration of not knowing were the title was. They drove off and I continued to search. Rick in the mean time has called around to our friend who has a boat and he assures me that, "Yes, boats have a title." Cuz I'm sure that IF we had one it would be in that folder. So then after another frantic search, Rick decided that I've thrown it out--"Like you do...," he says...! What in the heck does that mean?
He tried to call the guy we bought it from, but they are closed (at 5:30). So he continued to tell me how I screwed up. I am shaking and sick to my stomach thinking I've failed again. Then he finally tried the boat shop again. Miraculously, Lane answered this time and told him that boats before 2000 do NOT have titles.
I have made myself absolutely ill and never had the damn title to begin with. Some day I will die from anxiety. I know I will. And Rick will just say that I get "really crazy" when there's any kind of crisis. Oh, really? Why would you say that?
So one piece of junk down and several to go. Oh, and I'm afraid that Rick is on his way to Eagle this weekend to look at another boat. Sigh!! There's always something....
3 comments:
Hi there! It's Jesy May (I used to live next to you guys on Skyline Dr.) Just thought I'd say hi! Looks like you're doing well! Say hi to Rachel for me!
I am glad you were right and are organized after all. I'm sure you'll be relieved when everything is sold and out of you hair. Good luck with it all, you have a lot on your shoulders right now. I'm glad it's you and not me. :)
Silly Grandma Jo! Don't fret, things always get better. That would be a little nerve racking though. You gotta come check out Sean's room when I get it done. Turned out very cute!
Post a Comment