Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swim Little Fishies...

We had SUCH a good time with the grandtwins. I think we spent about 10 hours total in the pool over the four days. (They had  to leave a day early because the Hoover Dam construction is going to cause even longer delays than usual Monday and Tuesday and my daughter didn't want to be stuck over two hours on the dam.)

Some of you reminded me that swimming would tire them out. It sure did. They were asleep by 7:30 every night. (a real rarity for them) Grandma and grandpa were worn out too. I wanted to be asleep before them, but decided it would be unwise.

Barley the lab joined us in the pool--really interesting. She just loved the boys and "helped" us retrieve torpedos and play basketball and tug boats and all kinds of games. It was wild. A little crowded with two old people shagging balls and trying to keep everyone from drowning, but fun. The boys are getting to be better swimmers than grandma which is really not giving them the proper credit. I think the dog is actually more graceful than I.

We stopped at Walmart in Kingman to wait for our daughter to meet up with us. I have never seen such a strange conglomeration of people any where in my life. No wonder I try not to shop on Sunday. I think there was a strange crew out today. Don't they have a website that shows the people of Walmart? They surely would have had some dandy footage today if they'd have been in Kingman. (including us--I think we were just the icing on that mixed up cake of shoppers)

So the boys are back home and the grandparents are truly exhausted, but it's a good tired (as my mother would say) My grandmother used to say, "It's so nice to have 'em come and so nice to have 'em gone." I see what she meant now.

5 comments:

Liz said...

HOW can you like Heathcliff, lady? He is utterly repulsive! Seriously, I want reasons!
Congratulations on surviving the munchkins. :-)

Emily of Boston said...

LOL... People of Walmart... best website to play with on a boring day at work, ever.

Glad you had fun with the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Hoover Dam construction? Interesting! We had my fiance's daughter this weekend, we wore her out between the swimming pool and a party Saturday night with her running around with TONS of kids!

CB said...

So glad you had so much fun with the Grandkids. And SCORE that they were tuckered out by 7:30 each night!!

life in red shoes said...

I'm so glad that all went well! I would love to see Barley in the pool, our lab is afraid of water???

And yes, there is a website...peopleofwalmart.com. Always good for a laugh!