Monday, November 8, 2010

Time

I wish today that time would keep pace with me instead of my having to go along with it. Is this a sign of insanity? Probably. I just can't get moving today and now I look at the clock and it's 10:02 a.m. and I've accomplished little.

It will be noon before I know it and I like to have all my main tasks finished by lunch time. It isn't going to happen today. Drat!! Why can't I just get to work?

And further on the subject of time--we were in Nevada when Daylight Savings Time bid goodbye. They "fell back." In Arizona and Hawaii, time doesn't change. For that I'm thankful. Such a strange custom. I never did understand it and now I don't have to try. My body, my clocks, and my schedule just can't tolerate that bouncing back and forth. Ben Franklin is rumored to be responsible. Ben was eccentric, wasn't he? I am grateful for the bifocal thing but some of his other creations are just silly.

Blogs are time eaters. Check other peoples' blogs, try to write a new post for my blog, pondering why I even try to be bloggy...It's frustrating some days. Do I really have time for this?

10 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

If time was a person I would want to be their friend so badly so it would give me a break. I hear ya. I don't have enough time for anything these days. Your so lucky you don't have to do the daylight savings time anymore. I'm a disaster today with the thrown off schedule.

I hope your day turns out better than the morning!! =)

The Cook Clan said...

I wish we didn't change time!!! I liked how it was dark later in the morning and early for longer at night. Mckenna actually slept til 7:30/8 instead of waking us up at 6:30/7!!!

Liz said...

I hope you'll MAKE time because I like reading your blog and I like that you read mine. I know how you feel, though. Some days, you just feel draggy and it's hard to get anything accomplished.
Hope your afternoon is happier!

Nicole said...

We fell back! I almost wish we'd stay on Daylight savings time b/c now it's way dark when I get home from work :(

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Yeah..the whole time thing is weird to me too. We do appreciate the time you take to blog..but if it becomes just anouth chore or stresser..you have to decide what's best. Hope you stay..but understand of you can't. Take care and rest..don't be so harf on yourself :-)

cathycan said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who wonders,what I am doing on the blog treadmill. I recently took some off of my faves...they just weren't my faves anymore but I kinda went back to them just because they were there.
YOu're still there! ; ) You've just got some of them fall doldrums, they'll pass.

Amy said...

I enjoy reading your blog no matter what you write so blog on.

I understand the theory behind the time change but don't think it is as relevent today as it was in Ben's time.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you keep blogging because you'd be missed if you didn't!!! I try to get on the computer, and then off after a bit or it WILL suck up my day. And I'm so behind on my crafting as it is!!! HUGS!

Katie said...

I had no idea they don't change time in AZ...that's kind of awesome!

Emily of Boston said...

In response to your comment on my blog: if my boss read my blog and fired me, I could collect unemployment and devote all of my time to looking for something better and volunteering at a library or something to keep me busy. Honestly, that would be a treat. Who HOPES to get fired?? I do!

Blog Archive