I just quit following a blog because I didn't understand the last two entries she posted. I can't remember why I started following that site, but whatever it was--I quit. Is this pitiful that I can't be bothered with wading through some philosophical musings? There was a profound quote about madness and a pithy allegorical (I'm assuming) essay. I guess. I'm not even sure what it was. I sort of scanned it. I didn't understand at that peripheral level so I just decided to drop 'er.
You see, I don't read blogs or blog so that I can wallow among profound deliberations or so I can opine grandly on my inner angst. I don't want to be stimulated. I don't want to dig deep inside my soul and be uplifted. I just want to be entertained and amused. I want to see that other people are as flawed as I am. Oh, and sometimes I might enjoy living vicariously through other people's adventures. But, hell no, I do not want to be transformed and enlightened. You can accuse me of being a putz. You would be correct. A pudgy putz--that would be moi.
If your blog is deep and reflective...If you are a member of Mensa or whatever that smart group is...If you discuss your high IQ and the thesis you just wrote on some theory I've never heard of before, then I won't be following you. Ergo, you probably don't read my blog either. Who would if they were any kind of deep thinker? Not that I'm insulting any of my loyal, sweetly devoted readers...Never! I just don't see me as holding the attention of anyone who is overly "thoughty."
Heck, I can't even listen to Christmas carols any more 'cause it depresses me. I only read what doesn't take much concentration because I can't seem to dig very deep for more than one or two sentences. It was all I could do to read those "The Girl Who..." books. Is it too many years in the class room? Am I just a tepid, surface feeder? Probably...
I watch too much TV. I am a Nascar fan, for heck sakes. I forgot to give Rooster his back pack and now have to mail it back at an exorbitant cost because I feel so guilty. I watch "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" on Saturday night. I listen to country music. I consider myself somewhat agoraphobic. I would rather stay home than fight the crowds for anything. I drink gallons of Diet Coke every week. I'm not going to stake conference tomorrow because it's a broadcast and I don't feel anything when I go and watch a broadcast.
You might not want to read my blog once you know the real skinny. (And what does "the real skinny" mean, anyway? Does any one really care?) Maybe I'm just a little morose because the boys have left. Maybe I need to up my medication. Maybe I'll just go put on my pjs. It's almost time for "Cops."
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Cold? I laugh in the face of this cold.
- Gunnar's Stocking
- I'm in Mourning
- We're Off
- Lightness
- Coincidence??
- That Darned Oprah
- Fragments
- When I Grow Up
- Three Questions
- What Kind of Woman Am I?
- Grand Twins Stay Busy
- Gunnar is Blessed
- Time
- Put Me In, Coach
- Joy to the World
- I Voted! You're Next!
- Orange Duck & November 1
-
▼
November
(18)
12 comments:
Actually, I think your honesty and true self-reflection are admirable. If you're okay with who you are, that's fine with us. :-)
HI!!
you know I LOVE your blog and it always makes me smile and laugh, which is good for the Soul, I did read some of those books!!!
Missing church every now and then is not going to send you to hell, I say rest and relax and talk to God at home!!!
I do not want to read and follow blogs that do not amuse me or teach me something, but someone flaunting their smart brain isn't teaching me anything!!!
SO I say HIGH 5 to you!!!
hugs,
jamie
Oh. My. Heck....You ARE my lost twin !
I feel the same way about movies..I want to laugh and be entertained..and books? I read happy stories about animals (dogs mostly) and sweet little towns where everybody cares about each other (The Mitford Series) and I just today bought "Soiled Doves" about the wild women of the old west..I read blogs where soemtimes I just look at the pretty pictures! So if we're bad people for that..and for being honest about it..so be it.
sing along with me..
"bad girls, bad girls, wathca gunna do, wathca gunna do when they come for you.bad girls, bad girls."
I love this post. You made me giggle. I luv ya and I think that my blog will safely stay in your reader because the deepest I go is trying to figure out the true meaning of a Real Housewives episode. lol
I love your blog and the way you lay it out on the line. You remind me of that one cartoon lady (which for the life of me I cannot think of her name now - probably because I don't belong to mensa - HA!).
Anyway, Amen and I am with you. I don't like stupid blogs (you know stupid humor) and I don't like blogs that are too deep - heck I like to be entertained and read about people.
Thanks for spelling it out! Enjoy cops
Three cheers for being a normal person who thinks and blogs in plain English! :)
Thanks for your visit. Hmm, I'm not sure where I fit into all of that..but I know if I put on my PJ's, I feel a lot better! ;D
....and that's why I love coming over and reading your posts.
You are funny, you are truthful and you are real.
Ah Jo, I am glad I found you in the blogosphere. Sometimes I read to look for deep meaning, but I find it in carefully chosen books, not blogs. Most of the time I read to enjoy a ripping good story and fine writing, and I never finish a book that I'm not interested in. There are too many great ones out there.
Besides the Nascar, I'm right there with you (More a baseball fan myself...!)
Lady Fromage
yeah I'm not into the thinking hard type blogs either. I like your honesty. reminds me a lot of my grandfather!
So I guess you're entertained by my story (complete with a picture) of a poop-smeared toilet this morning huh? haha! Thanks for reading and commenting on mine, and now I have a new blog to follow! So far I like it!
Post a Comment