Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's Tuesday

There's Tuesday 10, and Random/Wordless Tuesday, and ...I'm sure there are others. For me "It's Tuesday." That will have to do. I'll type on til I run out of things to say and then I'll stop.

1. I don't like doing my visiting teaching. Those of you who are not LDS probably don't care. Even some members could give a sh--, though they wouldn't put it that way. But that was my first thought today so I'm throwing it out for your reading enjoyment. I don't like making phone calls. I don't like visiting when it's assigned. I dislike teaching after 34 years of it in school. Therefore: I am sinful and just don't want 'a...

2. We received our new debit cards in the mail the other day. We still have our bank in Twin Falls, Idaho, which in and of itself doesn't bother me or any merchant in Arizona. But I know it seems strange to some.( I used to babysit the bank president's kids. The bank was 1/2 block from our house in Idaho. I've banked there for over 30 years. I am keeping this for ALL my many dollars. Ha!) Any way, back to the debit cards...Getting new cards in the mail scares me. Causes me concern and trepidation until I get them properly tended to. First of all, I thought they were junk mail and almost threw them away. I'm concerned about calling in to activate. (Remember, I don't like phoning.) I'm afraid that I'll shred the wrong card, sign the wrong thing on it, or somehow screw up the process. I know it's a ridiculous concern but I go through it every time a new card of any kind arrives.

3. My joints and old bone breaks hurt today. I suppose it's the rainy, damp weather. Another thing I'm sure you could care less about...

4. It took Rick almost 2 hours last night to change the greeting for his voicemail on his android phone. I'm telling you this so you'll know I'm not the only techno-buffoon under this roof. He changed it from, "Hello...Hello..." to "Ah, leave a message..." Quite an improvement, Rickorama.

5. If I don't starve myself, I gain weight. Damn it!

6. I've run out of ideas for things to fix for dinner. And don't suggest some fancy recipe that takes effort cause I'm never going to fix it. Thanks anyway. I do not know for what reason I mention my drought of ideas if I don't want new suggestions. I think I do want ideas. Just not complicated fancy cuisine. No cuisine at all. Just down home stuff that won't make me fatter.

7. I try hard to post uplifting and positive things, but you can see that I'm failing miserably. I just am not a ray of sunshine. I figure the rest of you can handle the light, happy stuff. I'll just pick up the muck that falls to the bottom. Somebody has to do the realistic reporting. I appoint me!

And on that cheerful note, I end this post called, "It's Tuesday..." Never fear. It'll never become a regular feature. That is just not my style. I have a style. I'm pretty sure I do. Let me go check.

11 comments:

Holly said...

At least you post something. I have nothing. My head is not only empty, it's numb. Just the inside though, not the outside. That would be bad. I'm thinking I might take a shower before Friday so that should brighten your day.

Amy said...

So I like my visiting teachers but it feels like a chore to have them visit. Don't feel too guilty about not wanting to do it...I think there are many who feel the same.

My son and I bought a cookbook about a year ago with really easy recipes. I could share one or two with you if you like. They are so easy a 16 year old boy can do them. I do not do fancy cuisine.

I LIKE that your posts are not always upbeat and cheerful...too many of those make me even more depressed. I like real people, and real posts. I know life is not always sunshine and roses. I like hearing about the wind and rain.

Nicole said...

hehehe... you crack me up :)

RoeH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily of Boston said...

My favorite part of this entire post:

He changed it from, "Hello...Hello..." to "Ah, leave a message..." Quite an improvement, Rickorama.



:)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I'm not gonna' put you in any better a mood, because I'm asking questions.

- "doing my visiting teaching" ???

- And what does this have to do with being LDS, which I take it, you are?

-Agreed, I hate the phone too!!!

-Those new cards drive-me-bananas too! And I'm afraid I'll cut up the wrong one!!!

-You have rainy, damp, aches-and-pains-producing weather in Arizona?!? I thought it wasn't allowed, there!!!

-We are both techy-challenged too, so understand. I won't even *confess* HOW techy-challenged I am!

-With age, we HAVE to starve ourselves, to avoid gaining weight. *It's written down somewhere.* You didn't get the memo?.....

-Anyway, with age, we are SUPPOSED to put on some weight. Maintaining a starving mind set, is very, very, very bad for the nerves and for the disposition. Probably for BP and everything else too.

-STOP STARVING! Eat healthy, and to satisfaction, but not to full. Relax a little. You'll "mosey-into" the weight your bod needs to be now.

-I hate to cook. Husband like to. Since he semi-retired, he does it all!!! Yessssssss!!!

-There are plenty of "Little-Miss-Mary-Sunshine" type blogs out there, for those who want them. But they are difficult to do, and not come off as wayyyyyy toooooooo sweeeeeeeeet. -gag-

-So it's best some of us, don't try for constant uplift. Best some of us, drop into a 'purple funk' now and then. ,-)

-Yes, I say this. Even though I did give-up my "Maxine" mindset, the other day. Tooooooo happppy and sweeeeet, I can not be. Less grumpy!!! That's what I'm aiming for!!!

-MORE INFO than you wanted/needed!!! LOL!!!

♥ Gentle hugs ♥

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I getcha. I really do. Can't help ya..but I getcha..

AZ Larsens said...

I'm the same way with recipes. In fact, if there's more than say, 7 ingredients (or maybe 5) my eyes glaze over and I won't even look at the rest of it. I need easy quick stuff!

Liz said...

I'm a big fan of the "dump cans of stuff in the crockpot and let it stew for eight hours" recipes. Nice and easy, and usually pretty dang healthy!

Now I'm wondering which bank you use and who the president is. I seem to think Twinky Flats hasn't changed at all and I still know everyone...but you've gotta know the bank president, right?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OK, that's good. Thanks for posting about REAL!

I'm with ya on the gaining weight, VT and debit cards.

Unknown said...

Love it!! You just cheered me up on my Monday Blah day!!!

Blog Archive