If you know me at all, you know I'm a fretter, worrier, and general psycho about almost everything. However, one thing tops my list this time of year--TAXES.
We were partially self employed for several years and owned a couple of semi trucks. What we really owned was a money pit, tax pit, worry pit...So tax time for the past 10 years or so has been an ulcer inducer at best, a nervous breakdown causer at worst. Not a happy time--NOT happy...
This year we knew would be a little better because we didn't own the truck business, but we had other "stock stuff" to figure in and I was convinced we'd owe thousands again. But with fear and trembling I took all my paperwork in last week.
Lo and behold--we do NOT owe taxes this year. I feel as if I'd won a prize, a lovely tax-free prize. I am light as a feather (at least for a few days til something else vexes me.) So I go into the weekend with a happy heart and a lilt to my step. If you know me, you also know it isn't often my heart is light and I lilt...Yahoo! Enjoy the weekend, my friends. I'm hoping to also.
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Worded Wednesday
- I'm Glowing??
- Press Cut
- Maybe I Need a Job
- Obligations
- It's Tuesday
- I'm an Idiot
- Like a Bolt...
- Super Moon
- Exposed
- Sigh
- Very Confused
- Perspective--
- Brevity
- Trip to Hair Appointment and Ireland
- Wind and Robbery
- Nascar Babies
- The Tax Man, Not Badeth...
- Completely Random
- Stalled, Stranded, and Stuffed
- He Lost His Cookies
-
▼
March
(21)
7 comments:
Congrats! That's not usually what we read in the same sentence....taxes=awful or something like that is more common.
Enjoy your weekend.
Great news.
Phew!!! What a relief! I start freaking out around Janary 1st and try to figure out our taxes based on our pay stubs from Dec. I'm a huge freaker outter when it comes to taxes. We were lucky this year too. I'm wondering what trucking company you used to own. My husband has been a truck driver for around 30 years.
HI!!
OH YEAH for you!!
CONGRATS!
that is something to celebrate!!
Go to dinner, buy a new dress!!!
YEAH!!!
I have not even begun that process, I do get it together pretty quickly as I keep it somewhat organized all year, I am late getting in there this year....
We always get money back, I like to use it as a special saving account, no interest earned on The GOv having MY --OUR money, but it is FUN to get a nice refund every year!!
AND BELIEVE ME WE PAY IN A SMALL FORTUNE to UNCLE SAM!!
Some might say we pay in more then most people make!!So we should get some back I guess!!!
I say Pay unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give to GOD what is God's and the rest is for us!!!Right???
Have a Great weekend, I am quarantined til Sunday!!!
Church???I hope so...hugs on those babies....I SURE HOPE SO!!
Maybe just a few hugs and kisses, just in case I might be contagious after the 5 day period!!
Hugs,
jamie
Taxes scare me too! I leave it for JT to work on though I have no problem taking care of whatever we get for a tax return ;-).
we owed to the state but got back from the federal. ..
FABulous!
Post a Comment