Monday, July 11, 2011

Titleless

Have you ever looked through all the titles of your posts? Try it some time when you have nothing better to do. I did it this morning because I'm quite undirected and goal-less and have no purpose. I can barely remember what I wrote for some of them. I won't bother a recap. I just thought I'd point you in that direction if you're in need of a moment's diversion. Yes, this is another post where I have nothing important to say. But don't you just hate it when posts have no title at all? It's like nudity. So unseemly. I need to find a new way of saying that I have little to say but a sincere desire to say it, nonetheless.

Today is 7-11-11. Isn't that cute! 7-Eleven stores are giving away 7.1 oz. Slurpees today in honor of the date. They expect to distribute millions. I don't know for certain where my closest store is, but I'm passing on the deal. Sadly perhaps, Slurpees are among the few edible products I do not enjoy. Skittles, Laffy-Taffy, malt balls, stewed tomatoes, sardines, sushi, and grapefruit are among my list of non-tempting treats. If I were stranded on an island with only those foodstuffs, I'd have to starve to death. It's just that simple. But I digress--If you yearn for a sugary, frozen treat and you know where a 7-Eleven dwells near you, head on over and indulge. After all it's summer and they're free. Sounds like a good combination to me. I'm helpful like that.

U.S. Women's Soccer Team  had a dandy game over the weekend. Did you see the highlights? I love it when U.S. women kick some butt. I enjoy seeing people who can run, control their body movements, and can header some goals. (Is that the correct terminology?) As you know, I'm the most nonathletic human on earth. But I'm a dandy observerator. (Can you imagine it? Spell checker doesn't like that word. psh!)

Some newborn boy in Texas weighed in at over 16 pounds. Ugh! Ann Curry interviewed the rather large parents of the gargantuan child. It was the funniest interview I've ever seen. She'd ask them a question and they'd mumble one-word, monosyllabic answers. Their faces were expressionless and they both rocked madly in those glider rockers. I'm sure they were just nervous, but it was one of those cricket chirping moments on television that probably make news people break into flop sweats. (I might be the only one that thinks this funny. Feel free to move on...)

The highlight of our weekend was going to Taco Bell and claiming our three free tacos each when we purchased a large drink. We were able to enjoy this perk because we watch the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball games. If the D-backs score 6 runs or more and you are in Arizona, you too could get three free tacos between the hours of 4 and 6 p.m. with the purchase of said beverage. You'd think Rick had never eaten such tasty treats. He's amazingly ingenuous. (It doesn't take much to please him...) You might see this as pathetic. Just go scarf down that free Slurpee and don't judge...)

On Wednesday I'm headed to Las Vegas for three days, SIL is going to scout camp. Daughter is not very excited because I'm only there Wednesday-Friday. I don't know what she expects. I need a dose of grandsons, but I don't like to be away from home very long. I think she should be happy that I'm available even for a short visit. Some times three days is about as long as I can endure their particular brand of craziness. I'm not taking Lola. Daughter informed me that the hounds had other dogs at the cabin down on the ground while gnawing on their tiny throats. I think I'll pass on having Lola killed by those brutes. They live in a strange environ that I don't relish. I hope Reba (momma hound) doesn't take me down and suck my blood. I do not find this a drawing factor in my going there. ??

What is your opinion on home warranties? Ours expires on 7-22. Today in the paper, Dave Cherry said they often aren't worth the investment. Our house is six years old. Do you think it's wise to renew? Pass on wisdom if you care to. I'm uncertain as usual.

Lots of headaches this weekend. I'm off to take another Imitrex. I don't know if it's the heat, the humidity, or just my silly head, but I don't like it. Let it be known! I'm sure my exposure to the "Hounds of the Baskervilles" will really clear up those headaches.

11 comments:

life in red shoes said...

I can pass on Slurpies, too sweet, no chocolate!
Don't care for Skittles, eggplant,store bought potato salad, and tofu...but tofu should go without saying!
I love it when women's teams win anything!
We don't follow any sports, and you thought YOU were boring?
My oldest weighed just over 10 pounds, what do you do with a 16 pounder, offer him a steak?
Good luck with the grandies, that daughter of yours is damn lucky to have you, and tell her I said so!

Anonymous said...

I had two headaches in the last two weeks. Imitrex to the rescue for me, too. Pressure change is a big trigger for me and it wasn't as hot as in AZ so I bet that was your problem. The monsoon's suck the air out of our heads.

Don't know nothin' about home warranties but we've never had one. I know that helps you alot.

Slurpees? Who invented those 'brain freeze' things? I hate them. And liver, coconut, custard, game animal meat (ech), and some other things I can't remember.

I saw the shortened version of the proud new parents of the GI-Gundo baby. Yikes......that kids got an uphill battle coming.

Didn't watch the soccer game but DID catch the women's golf game in Colorado Springs. Nice legs on those babes and cute outfits. Apparently the 'new' thing is to wear a color you love ~ say blue ~ and coordinate your entire self. Shoes, shirt, pants/skirt, ribbons in your long ponytail, hat, and sunglasses. Smurf comes to mind.

Have a nice SHORT visit. Like fish, company stinks after 3 days. Words to wisdom from somebody, probably a mother.

I must admit, when I saw your post title, what I saw FIRST was 'titless'. Just sayin'

Amy said...

I agree with Jan, I first thought your title was "titless" also.

Slurpees make me sick to my stomach unless I get the really small ones and don't drink too much. Sardines, sushi, and grapefruit do not tempt me at all either.

I think it is hilarious when interviewees have little to say...I haven't seen anything about the ginormous baby.

You seem to be traveling back and forth to Vegas a lot this summer. Enjoy your trip and time with the boys.

kesandrach said...

Haha enjoyed the post. And yes yes I'm "damn lucky" to have you. I just prefer having you in 72 hour increments, not 48 and under. I read the title as Title-less, not titless- but the later is much more funny! You are such a good writer- why not publish a book? And just say no to the home warranty. Learn from me. I paid home warranties on 5 houses for many years. $2,400 a year. I could have just paid out of pocket for the expenses that I did have. And mama hound Reba just likes to play that way. She wouldn't hurt silly Lola. I think you should bring her. The boys were sad Pink Piggy wasn't coming.

Queenie Jeannie said...

No slurpees for me, but I think I'll survive!! I hope you have a great trip and aren't eaten by any dogs, lol!

The Cook Clan said...

Have fun on your little trip! Sounds like it may be adventurous! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel ... maybe it's the heat that dries up the creative juices as well as everything else around us.

I looked into home warranties every time they sent me the info. What I noticed in the fine print was that they could either repair or replace your appliances, a/c, water heater, etc. If they chose to replace they could replace with any similar item, not necessarily matching the items you already have and not necessarily ones you would want to have. One in particular even went so far as to mention that the appliance being replaced did not have to match in color or style. That turned me off big time! Food for thought ...

Blessings, Ann

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I loathe the things you loathe.
No 7-11 here.
Don't care.

I missed the giant baby. I wish I wouldn't have, sounds like the parents will do a great job parenting....not.

Have a "restful" weekend. Sounds like work to me. Keep your neck in a scarf to save you from vampire dog.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh, just so you know....Imitrex is my lifesaver.
I have it stored everywhere.

mCat said...

NO SKITTLES?? Blasphemy! I mean, when you are really stressed out, you eat them by color and it's vyer very soothing. I call this the sort-n-soothe.

First, the yellows, then greens, then oranges, then reds and end with purples. Two at a time.

I swear by it, really I do

Liz said...

I agree with you on Laffy-Taffy, malt balls, stewed tomatoes, sardines and sushi. Especially sushi. What people were thinking when they decided to eat raw fish is completely beyond me.

I do like Skittles and grapefruit, though. Mmmm.

And I really like you comparing not having a title to nudity. You crack me up!

Blog Archive