I finally had something to blog about and in the "excitement of the moment" I forgot to take a picture. That's what happens when you have true thrills interrupt the dullness. You freeze in your tracks!
So I was taking an Imitrex 'cause I had another headache and as I looked out the kitchen window I noticed our 9-ft. umbrella kind of puffing up and down in the wind. I swallowed the pill thinking I had time before lowering the umbrella.
Wrong again, Jomama! The opened bumbershoot lifted straight up as if a giant had yanked it out of the table, flipped over and landed on the roof. I thought it had blown clean over. But the stem of the umbrella banged down on the roof and the umbrella itself was caught on the fascia boards on the roof.
Now, see, this is when I should have flicked a pic, but no...I just ran out there screaming like a little girl. I climbed on a bench and dragged the umbrella out of the gutter and the pole rattled down the roof and landed at my feet. It was scary and quite a fete of courage. I'm only 5' and not known for my grace. (I know you didn't know that.)
It would have made a grand picture. The umbrella is brightly colored and quite large. Just picture it in your head. If I knew how to use that drawing feature on the computer, I'd draw you a picture. But...I have no clue.
Later that night we had another dust storm. (Haboobette= small haboob) I took the camera out this time but we live in the center of civilization. All I saw was houses and dusty, brown skies. Shoot! I hate when I miss every good photo opportunity.
There was a dandy shot of over 100 wild horses running through the Gila River Indian Reservation, but I can't find the video online and probably wouldn't know how to upload it anyway.
We all rely too much on pictures, I believe. Use your imagination and just visualize these events in your mind's eye. Picture the excitement. Who said a picture is worth a thousand words anyway?
Addendum: I wanted you to see this. Only in Idaho which I love--
Toilet paper rolls clog section of N. Idaho river
.by Associated Press
KTVB.COM
Posted on July 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM
LEWISTON, Idaho -- A section of a northern Idaho river remains clogged with huge rolls of unprocessed toilet paper after a semi-trailer accident last week.
State police say a Freightliner truck hauling the paper along U.S. Highway 12 on Friday slid into the Lochsa River. Lt. Allen Oswald says the fragile nature of the soaked toilet paper has made it difficult to remove from the river.
The Lewiston Tribune reports a towing company in nearby Kooskia is in charge of the cleanup efforts, which continued this week.
The 24-year-old driver of the semi-trailer was treated and released at a nearby hospital after the accident last week. Police say Mahmoud Salameh of Fort Worth, Texas, was ticketed for inattentive driving and failing to purchase a permit to haul the 53-foot trailer along the highway.
Maybe you have to be from Idaho to think it funny. (Or maybe you just have to be slightly warped, as I am.)
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
July
(18)
- Show Down at Culver's Corral
- I Need Filters--Or A Muzzle
- French Toast
- Serenading Lola in the Rain
- Don't Ask, Don't Tell...
- Aching!
- Let Me Be Brief
- Umbrella on Roof
- Dream Weaver
- New Day
- Close Call
- Short Note
- Titleless
- Friday Frippery
- I Don't Want to Talk About It...
- Imagine This...
- A Little Scorched and Deflated
- Pool Shots
-
▼
July
(18)
13 comments:
I agree about the photos, am imagination is a terrible thing to waste. That's my excuse for being a crappy photographer ;)
And I thought of you last night when the news was reporting the haboobette, glad you and the umbrella survived!
I used to live in Lewiston. But I had my own toilet paper and didn't share it with nature. I'm funny like that.
Set up a camera outside that's on all the time so we can see your umbrella problem next time. It's the least you can do. :)
We're in Idaho at the moment...just saw Shoshone Falls but thank goodness it was entirely free of toilet paper.
I'll never look at toilet paper the same again.
My imagination is working over time here, Jo. You have created a visual brain thing-y with umbrellas, popping pills, small munchkins climbing on roofs, and wads 'o paper.
But, you short trickster, it worked! We all are now using our imaginations which will keep us mentally stimulated for awhile. At least until dinner.
Hugs from 5' 2" me.....
My imagination is working overtime and I have to smile and the picture of the umbrella on the roof and brave little you getting it down.
I find toilet paper clogging the river to be quite funny. I'm a rural girl though and slightly warped.
I'm not from Idaho but I think it's funny - talk about being tp'd!!!
My imagination isn't as good as seeing the actual event but I can conger up a mental picture of your umbrella on the roof.
And yet another haboob! I'm looking out my window at yet another thunder storm up here - they've become a daily occurance. It also sounds like squirrels are trying to gnaw their way into my attic. Lots going on here.
Oh Jo.......you crack me up......I especially loved Haboobbette......., You know, I've lived in AZ almost all my life and I have never seen a Haboob . And, yes, I have had my pool umbrella yanked out of its base...although mine didn't land on my roof. LOL LOL
Oh dear lady....I know you will finally adapt to our OVEN. (O:(O:
still traveling...so it is often hard for me to comment...but I do enjoy it when you visit.
xo
Jo
For someone who says they have nothing to say ... well, I find it enjoyable anyway. Blessings,
Oh my gosh. Haboobette! Fabulous!
I had a bad migraine today too. Must be the weather system that moved in or something. Or who am I kidding, I think at this point I just look for reasons to try and make sense of it all!
I've lived in Arizona since I was 6, minus 4 years I was at school, so 22 years total and I have never seen such huge dust storms as I have this Summer! Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention...which is entirely possible.
I attempted to read this post three times yesterday, only to be interrupted each time by life and it's uncanny ability to proceed whether I am ready for it or not. Sorry, I'm unable to visualize the umbrella on the roof. Possibly you can heft it up there real quick like for a photo shoot? And oh those silly Idaho-anians and their toilet paper fiascos!
Ummm...I thought the toilet paper story was pretty hilarious!
I must be warped cause I think it's hysterical. And picturing you running out for that umbrella - laughing!
Post a Comment