Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Design Star


So, I totally could be a Design Star! Totally! Have you watched that show this season?

Now, I love David Bromstad and all his buff Color Splashiness. Vern Yip scares the bejeebers out of me. Those other women on the panel make me nervous--all of them. Could their skirts get any shorter?

First of all, the designers do not seem to have a budget. The go into these poshy stores and buy whatever their little hearts desire. They have their own painters and carpenters. The floor guys lay those delicious hardwood floors overnight. Then there is lots of panic during the last hour with people shouting, "Thirty minutes!" "Fifteen minutes...!" and finally "Your time is up!" The designers run around like crazy people, all sweaty and red faced, and sometimes spill paint or break a major project in their room right as the bell rings. I can panic! I'm great at tripping and sweating.

Of course, there is a camera challenge that might throw me a bit. I don't do well speaking in front of a camera. And you have to be nice to people and try to listen to the client. Yeah, well, that could trip me up a tad, but...I can overcome that, I'm sure. All I really need to say is "pop of color" and "it has a flow to it." I can completely pop it and flow it!

I still like the four that are left: Karl, Mark, Meg, and Kellie. But I could probably give a couple of 'em a challenge myself. Stay tuned. Maybe I need to watch and learn a little more. But, hey, I could totally do some of it--

8 comments:

Holly said...

And I could be your sidekick and stand there staring into the camera and say, "Whosa Boisey Ho." Just like I said to that hot guy at Sweet Tomatoes when I was with you. Yup, we'd be a great team!

Emily of Boston said...

I've never heard of this show... I think I live in a cave. It sounds fun!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I've never seen it! Now you got me curious.
I wanna know how short the dress can possibly be.

larainydays said...

I'd rather by on a cooking show and eat all the stuff they make and throw away.

CB said...

I have never seen this show either. But now I want to watch it.
Hey, maybe we can do a Blogger Design Star?? Ha Ha

I like Project Runway - same thing with clothes???

CB said...

I have never seen this show either. But now I want to watch it.
Hey, maybe we can do a Blogger Design Star?? Ha Ha

I like Project Runway - same thing with clothes???

Pat MacKenzie said...

...and you could practice on my house - as long as the budget was yours and you did all the work and all the planning. I am totally inept when it comes to designing anything.

Debra said...

I feel the same way! I could totally do this! Maybe we should try out next year??

Blog Archive