When I get to the end of my rope I shout, "I've had enough!" and everyone runs for cover if they know what's good for them. Either that or they get swatted. Actually, all family members know to run. I haven't swatted any one for a long time. Oh, I did swat Lola yesterday because she grabbed Rooster's cheese sandwich right out of his hand while he was sitting at the table eating lunch. Cheese, bread, and mayo were dragged around the dining room with me chasing Lola with a dish towel. The sandwich was a loss. Lola runs pretty fast. I run more slowly. But I did get in one hit before the inning was over. Lola was given a time out. She did not seem to care much.
Today I ran into a store just to see if there was anything I'd like. There wasn't. Some lady was talking on her phone in a foreign language I didn't understand at all. (meaning it wasn't any dialect of Spanish or French--not that I can speak either of those, but I do recognize the sounds) So this lady was loud and stood right in front of me and wouldn't move aside so I could pass. I wanted to scream at her! Something about the whole situation just made me want to swat her. I didn't.
Someone I used to love died Wednesday. I felt bad when I read the death notice. Then today I read the full obituary and was reminded of his wasted life. The picture taken of him was from quite a few years ago. I felt as if I had never really known him. I became angry all over again at the way he lived and treated others. I regret being such a small person that I can't properly mourn this person's passing. I'm ashamed that I'm not a better person who can turn the other cheek. I mention this because it concerns me. I am not supposed to judge. But I have. I also am reminded that life is fleeting and what we do here matters. I think this person died relatively alone. Instead of a funeral his family is holding a potluck
My Rooster has 80/20 vision in his right eye. I hope everything turns out OK. He's not going to like to wear glasses. I worry about my boys. Blakers seems to have adverse reactions to milk products. I don't like to see my grandbabies struggle. Dang!
Sorry this is not cheerful. I've bummed out myself. That can't be good. I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow is another day...
9 comments:
I say WALK TALL and CARRY A SWATTER!
I'm sick of:
Summer and being fat and trying to get ready for this garage sale and cooking dinner and work and Arizona and being sweaty and my hair and making the bed and changing the roll of toilet paper.
You know, this person who died could have changed his life, but choose not to for whatever reason. You moved on and apparently he stayed stuck in a sad life.
You have a wonderful family (even Lola the snitch) and friends who care about you (even if they live in another state!!).
The older I get the more I feel like swatting - Ha Ha.
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY PEOPLE!!!!!
Don't you just feel like yelling that sometimes :-D
I am so sick of summer I could scream and hit somebody. Or something. I'm tired of sweating and my thighs touching each other and my hair straight all the time and the bitchiness I can really bring out in myself at this time of year and having lipstick melt before I even get to church the one time I use it during the week and I could add mascara and foundation to all that. By the time I get to church on Sunday and am playing the organ all of the above starts to melt down my face. And I just know people down there love to watch it.
I need to stop now. :(
I just l.o.v.e. the way he says...'yeah, sick of it!" Cracks me up every time. See you're not so twisted after all...hope tomorrow is a better one.
Well at least you know what you're sick of. Some of us go day after day acting cranky without ever figuring out why...maybe it's my age!
haha, I've wanted to take a swat at people in line a few times when they are being rude like that lady was!
I'm sick of my computer not working right. Work. My weight. Need I go on? And people, I get really annoyed with them.
I was on a bus in Zion National Park this weekend after a hike and was really sick of everyone around me. The people talking in a foreign language behind me. The couple at the front of the bus who were all know-it-all like about everything.
Point is we all get sick of it. Tomorrow is usually better.
Post a Comment