Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mixed Messages

 

This picture is of my old, bug-ridden computer. It was at ye olde Office Max to be recycled. Now it is in the middle of my "book room." The salesman at OM was going to take the pictures off this infected device and then recycle it.

A trained and skilled technician, Will, said he couldn't even get my machine to function enough to retrieve the photos. I called Daughter. Daughter said bring it home and she'd help me get my pics.

I brought the bugaboo home, plugged it into the monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Inserted a jump drive and voila--I have my pictures. I am a computer dolt, so I have no idea how Will could have failed. I was frustrated with Will. Computers never cease to flummox me.

The Rickster is helping some lady move this morning. I am sitting on my butt and trying to think of something to blog about. So far I have not come up with anything. Rick has eaten half of "my" birthday cake single handedly. I ate a free scoop of custard at Culver's last night. It was a birthday gift from Culver's. I probably gained two pounds.

I left my favorite earrings at hair lady's place yesterday. Grrr! Now I don't get 'em back for three weeks. I love those hoops. I also told her to cut the flip off my neckline. It was driving me nuts. Now my hair looks kind of blocky and boxy. Ugh! I will never have pretty hair. Ever!!

I'm going to go shower now and see if I can unblechify my hair and round up some substitute earrings. Have I ever told you I hate leaving things places. I do!!

10 comments:

Debi said...

I hate to "back-track" to. Once, I get home - I'm home. The computer thing - like you, I know how to do what I do and that's as far as it goes. Snappy Di did my new header for me, bless her heart; she so smart with this blog stuff. Got rain today, Yip-E. Have a good one.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Well at least you know where your earrings are and don't have to search needlessly for them. And you have your pictures back from your dead computer. Sounds like a good day to me.

life in red shoes said...

Jo, I know it's hotter than hell where you are, but girlfriend, YOU NEED TO CHILL OUT!
Just keep saying- EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT FINE :)
And, you and Holly and whoever else need to come to my house on the 26th for a little get together....please?

life in red shoes said...

Mainstreet Memories will be here:)

Acannthus will be here :)

Hopefully other bloggy friends will be here :)

RoeH said...

I like your hair. I think it's cute. At least from your birthday picture.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to get your pictures back!

CB said...

What a complete idiot that computer guy must have been. I bet he didn't even try - Holy Moly!!
I hope you are able to get all of your pictures off of it. If you don't have an external hard drive they are very inexpensive and very worth it :-D

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!

Holly said...

What is your deal woman!?? Your hair was adorable and flippy when I saw you the other day and you've been trying to grow it out forever and then you go and chop off your flippers? I'm sure you're still as cute as a bug's ear though. What does that mean anyway?

Mimi said...

HI JO!!
SOOOO HAPPY you got your pics back, I worry about that all the time, the bug guy who fixed me up, said to get an external hard-drive to save my pics...ok I will, have not yet!!!
I hate leaving things behind as well, and 3 weeks, gosh I would have forgotten about them!!!Make sure you go back!!!!
happy Sunday!!
hugs,
jamie

Amy said...

For years I had the same hoop earrings until I either left them somewhere or lost them. It about killed me. I wore them everyday. Hope you get yours back from the hair lady.

It's good that you were able to retrieve your pictures. It is so annoying when the computer geeks act like they can't do something and us non-geeks can get it figured out.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to chop off some of my hair to even it all out. I thought I would hate it because like you, I am trying to get it to grow. I actually like it better now because it is a titch easier to style.

Hopefully you have a great week.

Blog Archive