Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Flumonster Robbed Me

Yesterday, I was going to labor in the office painting and reorganizing. I had a full head of steam, started painting, and then was socked in the stomach by a nasty bug. It was the weirdest flu or some ailment. I never got any relief from these violent stomach cramps all day and night. Usually I can sleep off sickness, but it hurt so bad I couldn't even go to sleep until 2 a.m.

I was sure I would rebound this morning but I'm still icky. I hate it when my life is disrupted like that. If I want to lie about all day, that's one thing. But if I have to halt all activities it really ticks me.

Daughter went out of town for the weekend, I guess. I received a couple of texts-- one as they were leaving and one as they were coming back. I don't know how they get along being gone so much. I missed one day and I have laundry piled to the sky and a filthy house to contend with. And I don't have three kids...

I'm going to hunker down and heal today. I really have too much to do to sit here. Grrrr!

11 comments:

larainydays said...

Here's hoping your recovery is quick. I would pick headache over nausea any day of the week.

Holly said...

Well Crap! I make a really awful chicken soup, want me to bring you some? If you need anything, give me a call.

Anonymous said...

ICK..........who'd you kiss to make you so sick????????

(((hugs))) to make you feel better

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hopefully it is cooler today -- it's only in the high 80's here in Havasu -- what a relief! I know what you mean about taking time off when YOU want to not when your body decides it's going to poop out on you. Hang in there ... tomorrow is a new day.

life in red shoes said...

DAMN BUGS! I woke up with my 1st cold of the season :(
This new generation pays no heed to housework or laundry, they're a bunch of gypsies!
And who took care of the hounds?

CB said...

Oh Hell! It stinks to be sick!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

P.S. I love the fabric you picked in the post below - I can see why you are anxious to get on with the project :-D

Amy said...

I'm sorry you are sick. If I could I would take it from you and give it to myself. Sick, right? That is how much I do not want to work this week. I would rather have some crappy stomach ailment than sit at my desk and deal with people.

Get feeling better soon.

Liz said...

I would make you chicken soup and find you a good book and get you some amazing chocolate if we were closer! Hope tomorrow's sunnier!

RoeH said...

Need your house TP'd?? I'm your man. I learned how to do it up good 'laboring' in Young Women lo those many years ago.

I actually like one day of being sick so I can just curl up in a mountain of blankets (providing it's winter) and forget the world exists.

But that's all. Just one day.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

eeeww..I hate being sick..sorry you are..be careful thought. Mother-in-law felt that way and it was her gall bladder...be cautious!

mCat said...

Gah! I am hoping that the next post I read (catching up) will have you better.