Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mother was born 90 years ago today.  Before the disaster ten years ago, September 11th was simply my mom's birthday.

I love you and miss you, Mom. I wish I could see you today. I'm sorry that your birthday has become synonymous with the 9/11 disaster. I don't really like to remember it as a sad day. Instead I just wish to recall it as the day of your birth.

11 comments:

life in red shoes said...

Happy Birthday Jo's Mom! You have an awesome daughter :)

Amy said...

It is a beautiful day because it is Jo's Mom's Birthday. There is always beauty in each day, even when there is also sadness.

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

RoeH said...

90 years. I don't want to be that old. But bless her heart ... I can tell you have a wonderful mother.

Vicki/Jake said...

Finally got you where I can visit more:) Love the look on your little guy's face on the header. He looks like a spitfire:) Hope you're feeling better by now, that the chair's gone and you're staying cool...

Vicki/Jake said...

Oops, forgot to say happy 90th to your mom. Just think of that...

Melanie's Randomness said...

Aww Happy Birthday to your mom!! =)

Mimi said...

HI!!
MY neighbors son's 6th birthday was today, and her and I talked about this....how sad that forever it will be remembered this way....
I hope she will always MAKE HIS DAY a very special day just for him. AND I so wish you could tell your MOM this today.
hugs,
jamie

CB said...

Happy Birthday to your mom Jo!

It is also a very patriotic day now!

Liz said...

Happy birthday, Jo's Mom! You've been lucky to have such a great daughter.

I like what Amy said about there being beauty in each day. Hear hear!

Holly said...

Happy Late Bday Jo's Momma.

Nicole said...

I lost my grandma on 9/11/07 so that day already had a bad taste to me, it got worse 4 years ago. Then 2 years ago we lost the hubs grandma (same day). My mom has flown on that day both in 2007 and this year and it freaks me out!