Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saving


I plan to start saving more money. Thing is I don't want to give up much. Are those two things contradictory? ;o) I don't want to cut back the channels on my Dish Network because we don't go out to movies or anything, so that seems sort of necessary. Then there are our cell phones. We really can't do without them...I don't know about the land line. Seems as if it's needed for business, fax machine, etc. I can't give up dyeing my hair. Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen! I can stop buying clothes now that I have some that fit decently. Rick won't give up Diet Coke. He drinks way toooo many a day...Lola has to have a hair cut every month or six weeks. We turn the heat way down. I try to turn lights off and wash in cold water whenever I can. I take short showers. I try to buy frugally at the grocery store. Oh, baahh! It's giving me a headache. I don't have time for this. If you have suggestions, please comment.

2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

I hear ya sister. I wanna save but not sure where to go without. Mckenna can't really go without diapers or food. Nah, not that extreme but I know what you mean.

Heather said...

I am with you. I don't feel that I am willing to give up cable, internet, cell phones, and all those other luxuries that have become necessities. It is hard to cut back when I don't feel like I splurge very often to begin with. Good luck with Rick's job. I guess you'll have to have faith and hope for the best. :)