Friday, December 12, 2008

Ah, life...

No pictures or pomp...I've just been living life. I have a lesson to give in Relief Society Sunday, so I've been trying to prepare that. Not as easy for me as it sounds. I just struggle with teaching church lessons. If it was that hard in school, I would have resigned after the first day. Unfortunately, I know English much better than Gospel Doctrine. Is that a reflection on my eternal salvation? Yep, that's what I hear.

Our neighber Al who is 80+ is in the hospital. I didn't even know it until today. Guess he had a mild stroke and they have him on blood thinners. His wife is the frail one. Al climbs up on his roof and chops down trees... I wish she had told me. I'm sure there's something we can do for them. None of their children live around here and I guess they can't afford to take off from work to get here...? Are the times really that dire that you can't be with your parents when one of them is in the hospital.

I finished the tote bags and need to keep quilting on that "ugly" quilt I made for the guest room. I wish now I'd never made it. I don't like the colors now, but I thought it was snazzy at the time. Stupid me!!

If it snows tonight, Rick might not have to work tomorrow. He's gone a lot with this job. Doesn't come home until 7 or 8 at night when it's dark and cold. Then we're both so tired we just fall into bed after he eats and that's our "time together." ("time together" is an old joke we have...a couple we used to know said that doing dishes at night was their "time together" to make their marriage stronger, and a year later they were divorced!) We think it's humorous, but probably no one else does. ;o)

You can see what a really uneventful life I have right now. Sigh... I need to do a little Christmas shopping for the boys, but I do NOT want to go out in the world. Guess I could cyber-shop.

So that is my post of the week. Thank you very much! :o)

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

You crack me up! I liked that you said your time together is sleeping. Kinda funny. Well, not much going on here. If you ever need a grandkid fix I'll let ya borrow Mckenna. She drives me crazy sometimes.