I wish I could get the Christmas spirit this year. I just don't have it...The economy is depressed, people are losing their jobs, my family won't be here, Rick's job is tentative and we haven't received any money yet...on and on and on. I know, I know--it's not about those things. It's about the Christ child and the spirit of giving and love--blah, blah, blah!
OK, OK, I am scrooge. It's official. Hand me that lump of coal and just stuff those stockings...
4 comments:
You make me laugh! Do you think Rick would like some goodies since I have tons left over???
I wouldn't want to bother with putting up a tree and decorations either. I have put up a lot more this year because I am anticipating more of the family to be here. Maybe if you wanted to throw a "warm up to winter" party you would get more excited. Really though I can see that those bag gifts could keep you feeling pretty pumped!
If it is any consolation, it doesn't feel like Christmas to me either. I don't know if it is the warm weather or what, but hence why I am decorating and getting a tree. I need it to feel like Christmas. Maybe you could read a good Christmas story- Christmas Jars looks like a good book.
If you have not seen the movie Fred Claus yet I highly recommend it! I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the script, story telling and visuals!
Post a Comment