Sunday, June 14, 2009




We've relaxed and enjoyed ourselves tremendously since being in the Valley of the Sun. I haven't had time to take pictures and download them. Barb, the realtor, has taken us to quite a few houses and they are flying off the market as fast as they come on. People are nuts! We put an offer on the one you see Rick walking in front of, but I think 1000 other people will offer too. We'll see. It's in Mesa and has 3 car garage and pool with granite, etc. but who knows if we can elbow out the competition?
Rick has relaxed more here than I've ever seen. He's been in the pool almost every day, we went boating at Saguaro Lake yesterday, and he loves navigating with his Garmin GPS. He thinks he's a real survivor of Phoenix area traffic. I, on the other hand, have driven home from Safeway once. I'm not proficient at my GPS "endorsement" yet.
The first day we were here 10-12 people came from our new Foothills Ward at 6 a.m. to help us unload. What took us 5 hrs. to load, they unloaded in 40 minutes. It was amazing. Things are somewhat organized chaos. We still have boxes stacked everywhere, but Iknow where the necessities are. I have a washer and dryer, a tv hooked to cable and Diet Coke. What more do I need?
Rach and the boys coming Wednesday to spend a few days with us. She's going to Disneyland tomorrow with the boys for HER birthday on Tuesday. Then she'll come here for a while to "whip us into shape." Ha!!
Will keep my two faithful blog friends up to date. No one else seems to care ;o)...We love the weather and the people are friendly. I have to find a place to get my hair cut and colored soon and a trimmer for Lola. Those are the priorities for next week. Oh, and we have to transfer all of our insurance on car, boat, house, etc. Nothing big.


3 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Sounds like you guys are having a grand ole' time! Good luck getting a home! That is crazy how they are doing so well there right now. Hmm....well, its still cold here! I'm sick of it! I bought a pool and can't even use it yet!!! Maybe by July.

Heather said...

Wow, sounds like things are going well. I hope you get the house. That is crazy they are selling so fast- isn't the housing market supposed to be slow right now? Enjoy the warm weather and the pool while we all enjoy never-ending rain.:)

The Cook Clan said...

You've gotta see the cutest video eva!!! I just put a video up of Mckenna playing Ring around the rosies with her doll! You'll so miss her, watching this!