Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Toes, et al

Earlier today I treated myself to a pedicure. Spring is nearly upon us and my toes looked bare, nude, and sad. Now I have happy toes.

 And that's good because the dentist that I'm going to for the first time in AZ just called and said the dental insurance I thought I had (and have been paying into) is saying they are not my insurer any longer.
Sheesh!! So several calls later and scrambling through multiple files I find who my true insurer is...I'm still not sure, however, if they can get that all straightened out by tomorrow when I have my appt. I'm nervous about going to this new dentist any way because it's my first time. (I'd gone to my other dentist for 35 years before leaving Idaho.) Crap!! Wish me luck. I hate being new and confused and not established. (and having uncleaned teeth)
So this other picture is of the salad plates I bought at the thrift store a week or so back. I couldn't find a place to put them. Then yesterday at Michael's I found these plate racks for $6.99 each which is a lot cheaper than I could find for a 4-plate rack any where else. The only drawback was that I had a 20% off coupon from Joann's and Michael's usually honors their competitor's coupons, but because it was for the total purchase price they wouldn't. Puh-lease, people!!

 I just don't do well with coupons. Other women just looove their stupid coupons. "Oh, I saved 3 million dollars last week on my grocery bill by using coupons," they say. Well, la-te freakin' da! They don't work worth jack for me most of the time...Thanks!

Finally, we come to the picture of a pile of material. Not very enteresting as it sits there, but...it will one day be two twin-bed quilts for my grand twin's beds. The material patterns are of race cars, motorcycles, checkered flags, and diamond plate, etc. It WILL be cute. You just can't tell that yet. I'll show you more later. I just am not very focused on that yet. When I make a quilt I have to just get immersed in it or I never get any thing done. This will be two quilts and so I need to get double immersed. I need to put on the quilting-scuba gear and dive in soon.

Also, Lola, the family shi tzu is shivering lately. I sure hope she isn't sick. It can't be that she's cold. We're in AZ for heaven's sake.  I think I'll have to cuddle up with her under a quilt and read a good book until we fall asleep. Then she and I should both feel better. Yes, I feel the need for a nap. How about you, Lola?

9 comments:

Jules AF said...

Good luck at the dentist! I hope it goes well.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Quilt + Good Book + Nap = the cure for EVERYTHING!! Hope Lola's up and around in no time! Good luck with the new dentist!! Smile pretty!

Erin said...

Oh hey! Jake plans on going to dental school and our top choice is Arizona! I'll keep you posted so you can have a good, cheap dentist (Do I sound biased...?) :)

Unknown said...

A pedicure is always a good thing to treat yourself to!!! I hate any dentist... old or new!!

The Cook Clan said...

Have fun at the denist! I always get super nervous to go. I LOVE the cute plates. I'm still so in love with that green color of wall!!!!!

Liz said...

Love the salad plates. They really go well with the green wall.
Amazing what a pedicure can do for the soul, isn't it? Glad you got one!

Katie said...

I love your plates! I've never had a pedicure.....I might need to change that.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Good luck at the dentist. That's another thing I have to put on my ToDo list.

Pretty toes, can't wait for spring to come.

Dani said...

my mom has a shi tzu too, and she is always cold, too. also, she snores when she breathes.

Blog Archive