I just heard that today is LOVE YOUR BODY DAY.Miss America is speaking at one of Arizona's universities regarding this memorable day. She's speaking on eating disorders. Is it just me, or is this just a bit skewed??
I don't know why, but I just find it a bit predictable that someone with perfect proportions would speak to the rest of us shlumps about loving the container for our soul. Of course she loves her body--so do 50% or more of all people in the world--love HER body, that is.
OK, I know some of you more enlightened beings will say that beauty contest winners might be insecure in their body images too. That they probably have eating disorders and have struggled with self-image. Oh, please! Spare me.
They got nothin' over us portly smutzes. I've suffered from eating disorders; still do. I have a hideous view of my own physique and personage. But I still don't look like Miss America. She can have all the maladies that the rest of us do, but look how SHE turned out. Hello...
So which would you rather...? Be all screwed up and look like me, or be impaired and have perfect measurements. Come on, be honest! Don't give me that politically correct, sensible, healthy mentality answer. Dig deep into the warped depths of your inner child and tell me you think it's weird too.
If they want to talk about loving your body, they need to poll the rest of us. The ones with lumps and folds, the ones with pooches and paunches. If you find one of those people that truly loves his/her body, then get them to speak to U of A or where ever.
Michelle Obama is out there teaching about how to prevent adolescent obesity. She's never been fat a day in her life, I'll bet. And if she has I don't think it was for long. You don't look like that now and suffer from the slings and arrows of being a fat kid.
Ok, I'm bitter. OK, I was a fat child and am still struggling with food issues. So I think of food 24/7 and let my body image control my every move. So...So...Oh, I don't know. I'm sure I would have been the same jolly soul I am today if I'd never have been teased and taunted as a tween and teen. I barely remember buying my clothes in the husky dept. Those incidents of splitting out my p.e. shorts when I did squats rarely enter my mind. Rarely, I tell you. No effect whatsoever!
I'll stop now. I need to go get a snack and then Google what this twit Miss America really looks like. I'll bet there is serious plastic surgery, implants, and veneers involved. Be honest!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
February
(22)
- Movin' On...
- Well, That Was a Bad Dental Day...
- Happy Toes, et al
- Now I Remember Why I Can't Watch the Olympics...
- Give It Up For the Ice Dancers
- Love Your Body Day
- Hodge-podge of Projects
- Purge
- Hate List
- The Springy Sprung
- Why am I so judgmental and bored?
- How Do You Do It?
- Easy Come/ Easy Go...
- Jomama on the Move
- As If...
- Dog and Cat
- To Quote Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, bother...!"
- Frantic Fun-ness!
- A Rose by Any Other Name...
- An Excuse to Bake and Eat and Eat and Eat!!
- OCD Groundhog
- A Little East of Eden
-
▼
February
(22)

8 comments:
Amen, sister!!! I am SOOOOO tired of skinny, anorexic girls teaching us about body image! Go tell her I said so!!
And thanks for posting this!!
BTW, thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog! I love yours, now I'm following you, too!
I am also tired of being told that I am a "real woman" with curves. What does that mean? That I am curvy in all the wrong places like the the majority of people? Boy, now I feel better. I too, wish that I didn't have to try to not think of food all the time and feel the obligation to my figure to exercise every day. But here we are... at least not on the biggest loser, right? :)
Yes that is crazy they are having some perfect model talk to kids about that! Like she'd even know a fat day in her life! You btw, are not fat what so ever! Your a skinny stick.
I would rather be hot. Duh.
(Good post, btw. Thought provoking.)
Great post! If you are going to have someone talk about body image, have that person be a "real" person. Not some beauty queeen or skinny model.
I have friends who are heavier and love their bodies. They embrace their beauty. One loves the fact that he legs are 40 inches from hip to floor. These are women who inspire me to accept myself and enjoy life regardless of my weight.
Agreed. It's people like her that give women negative body image! I mean who doesn't want to look like Miss America? What we need is someone who has a normal body weight (not super skinny hot lady) but who eats right and exercises appropriately and is comfortable with whatever weight she is. now THAT is a role model.
Post a Comment