Monday, March 29, 2010

Bicycles, Basketball, Books, and Banana Bread--We're Focusing on the Letter B

Poor Grandpa Rick! He had one day to spend with the grandboys and we had to squash into it every activity that the boys wanted for the whole week. So we bought two new bicycles (three actually). It was a long story. We had to put training wheels on one of them. Then we had to help Blake because he struggles with motor skills. He just can't get down the pedaling part (or the steering part, or really any part). That was pretty exhausting. Then we went for a drive and the boys fell asleep for a short while.

After lunch we rode scooters, fixed the golf cart for them to ride, took them to the park, played basketball and struggled around the park twice with Blake on his bike. We went there so if he fell, we had soft grass. We'd already had two crashes on the asphalt in our cul de sac.

Rooster raced around the park at top speed, beating a boy that was a year and a half older than him. So frustrating for Blakers who can't even pedal yet. I feel bad for him, but he'll get it, I think.

Barbequed chicken, had a bath and tumbled into bed. Aaah! Only to get up at 5:40 and start all over today. But Grandpa "escaped" to work and I'm surrounded by toys and books and all manner of chaos. I don't know how you young moms do it with all you do. I'm exhausted again and it's only 8:15 a.m.

5 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Not being a parent, I don't know how they do it, either! I used to sit for my nephews, and was completely exhausted after only 30 minutes!!

Sounds like you're having a fun (albeit TIRING!) time, though!! Nice!

Heather said...

We [young moms] are pretty much tired all of the time, but loving life with our busy little ones.

Blake will get pedaling on his own time. Makenna just figured it out last summer. It really is a tough skill to master- a lot of coordination. He seems so sweet.

Enjoy your "grandma" time. You always do such fun things with them. What great memories for them!

Amy said...

You're always doing fun things with them and I am sure they will always appreciate time and love you give them. Sounds like you guys are having a good -if tiring - time.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Sounds like the kiddos are having blast, but I agree poor grandpa...what a day.

I agree with Heather as moms we are pretty much tired 24/7,lol.

cathycan said...

How do the young moms do it?...
they are YOUNG : )

Blog Archive