Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Diving Back Into the Blogging Waters

I'm back. After roughly 2 weeks I had the need for blogging. Facebook alone was just blech...few ever respond and no one writes clever posts there. So on that note let me dive in. I've so missed the blogging waters.

I'm probably the last to know this, but have any of you watched American Pickers on the History Channel on Monday nights? I love it. These two guys--Mike and Frank, I think--go from junk pile to old sheds to weird out posts to find hidden treasures. The best part of the show is the quaint (dare I say odd) people that they meet. There are some doozies. One guy named Galen (who had his entire place posted with threatening signs against every one and every thing) bunkered old cars in his basement. Another strange little man in a fushia hoodie had spent his entire life creating a maze of tunnels with vintage treasures lining the walls of the meandering trails. If you love thrifting or mining out treasures in unusual places, check out this show.

Rick and I just invested in our first quality mattress in our 31 years of marriage. It's a latex one because we read they were better than inner spring for Rick's ailing back. I'm willing to try anything to make him stop whining. Ugh! Are all men such boobs when they have a little pain? I helpfully tell him that I hurt every day and he needs to walk it off. Why does he not appreciate my counsel?

I also was painting the back patio cover until we had the deluge of 2010. Crappy rainy weather. This is Arizona! Boo to the rain! I want sunshine--NOW!

I hope my loyal friends in blogworld will come back to my post. I missed you. I was lonely. I love my bloggy blanket.

12 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Welcome back!! God forbid you would have missed my va-jay-jay story, ya know?? The bloggy world is just so full of GIVERS, like me, lol!!!

Hope it stops raining soonest!

Katie said...

Welcome back! I'm envious of your new bed. Our bed is over 20 years old and we are so ready for a new one...you know that doesn't sag in the middle.

Heather said...

I am glad you are back. I missed your posts! That show sounds very entertaining. I am going to have to start watching that! And good for you for buying a new mattress.

And thanks for keeping up with my blog even on your anti-blogging streak. :) I love that you comment, it seems like no one ever does anymore. How am I supposed to know if people even read it if they don't comment? :)

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I never left!!!!
Go to www.countrywingsinphoenix.blogspot.com for our AZ bloggers luncheon information!!!!Sherry and I are putting it together!!!!!
Hope you can make it!!!!let me know!!!!
march 27th at 1:30 at Front Porch Tea Cafe in Mesa, AZ
hope you can make it!!!
hugs,
jamie

Jules AF said...

You should tell whoever was shocked by my name that I'm inactive in the church, and you're trying to bring me back. :)

Liz said...

Sweet, you're back! We've missed you. :-)

Mimi said...

HI!!!
It's me again!!!!
March 27th on a Sat at 1:30 at
Front Porch tea Cafe in Mesa, AZ
I sure hope you can make it, there are over 20 women I think coming, lots of AZ bloggers, lots of you on the west side of town!!!!
Look forward to meeting you
did you check out Sherry's blog???
Hugs,
jamie

life in red shoes said...

Oh my gosh, I was hoping you'd see the light!!!!!
Yes, men are all boobs, and they like them too;)
We love our memory foam mattress, it came via Costco.
SUNSHINE SUNSHINE SUNSHINE...where are you?
I am so glad that you're back, I've been thinking about you...really.

life in red shoes said...

P.S. The world of "collectors" is rife with nutjobs, just look at me.

rae said...

I love a new mattress. (Welcome back!)

Liz said...

There's a tea on the 27th? Details please!

Unknown said...

Welcome back!

Blog Archive