My frumpy, old body and mind can't take stress. Those of you who told me so were right. Night before last I started one of my puke and purge attacks. I get a bad headache that Imitrex won't touch. Then I start puking. That continues for about 24 hours or more while I lie in the fetal position on the bathroom floor. That was my day yesterday. I didn't come out of the bedroom/bathroom all day and all night.
The guests, however, never missed a beat. They spend a day shopping (I heard via Rick.) They went out to eat because offering them access to our kitchen and left overs in the fridge wasn't handy enough. They swam in our pool. They never once asked where I was or why I wasn't appearing. Rick told them I was sick. "Oh." I think was their only reply.
Tonight is their last night here. They will leave on Friday some time. I guess they'll have to come back to the Mayo Clinic again because her "testing" isn't complete. All I know is they aren't staying here EVER again. EVER! I'm sorry, but the Gooding Hotel is closed. Illness in the family and a worn out welcome.
Don't expect an invite to my house any time soon. I'm not good at entertaining or hostessing or even just letting you coinhabit my space. I'm a solitary creature and a selfish bitch and I enjoy it. Thanks!
12 comments:
You tell them....
I am so sorry to hear that your guests were such uncaring pests. I hope you feel better soon.
I love that my apartment is too small to host guests... I don't think I could possibly be as gracious as you have been with these people.
Dear Selfish Bitch,
I am so glad that you will soon be returning to solitary confinement. I will now be cancelling my visit to Arizona this fall;)
As far as the migraines, have you tried a bite guard? Mine has made all the difference.
Sincerely,
Life In Red Shoes
Hang in there Jo, their almost gone!!!!!
Dear Selfish Bitch,
It's called self preservation! and it's okay!
Maybe they'll present you with a charming little hostess gift the last day, you know, with all the shopping and such...I really doubt it, but maybe.
Have you tried butterbur extract ? I have been taking it for 3 months and my migraines have gone from once a week (horrid pain for 12 hours) to 1 a month and I can function. I hope you feel better soon.
Sara
My aunt and uncle got stuck with an un-invited guest last year for about 2 weeks. This guy shows horses and travels around to different people's houses and camps out for weeks at a time. He went to one guys house over Thanksgiving and complained about their choice in food. I'd have told him to get lost!
Jo so sorry you got sick. That is just NOT good.
Oh I am glad you will not do this to yourself again.
It doesn't make you selfish - I personally think people like your guests are rude.
Oh Gosh they really don't have proper guest etiquette!
So rude...
Feel better!!
Oh no, thats no good! I don't blame ya. The guts they must have!
Yayy!! FREEEEEDOMMMM!!!
I can't imagine how horrible migranes must be. I only occasionally get headaches and they're not like that. So sorry!
I can't imagine how horrible migranes must be. I only occasionally get headaches and they're not like that. So sorry!
Post a Comment